upgraded fuel lines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgraded fuel lines
hey guys I know a few have stuck 10mm lines in now im just after advice on were you ran the line and length needed? any additional parts ect just got pirtek coming to work tomorrow so was going to get everything while I can Smile

thanks ash
Thanks given by:
Landrover fuel filter head with 10mm banjos you'll want 10mm banjo for pump length I'd say 4m should be enough but 5m to be safe always nice to have more than run out, then bolt it on Wink

Thanks given by:
cheers mate any links to banjos ect?
Thanks given by:
You want 5m of fuel pipe mate. I used a little under 4m of black rubber and a little under 1m of braided PVC to do mine.

You'll need a banjo for the bosch pump but i can't for the life of me remember the size of the thread.
Thanks given by:
M14x1.5 maybe? Rings a bell for some reason... Run it through the car, nothing better than telling passengers to mind the fuel line. That or just cable tie it under the car to the original fuel lines... Or if you want to do a really proper job buy a load of those P clips and mount them to the bottom of the car.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
What's benefit of 10mm fuel hoses and what size is standard
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2014, 05:56 PM)ash23 Wrote: cheers mate any links to banjos ect?

I haven't mate I bought a load of twin tank bits for vento and mine all come with that.

(13-08-2014, 06:26 PM)Tom Wrote: M14x1.5 maybe? Rings a bell for some reason... Run it through the car, nothing better than telling passengers to mind the fuel line. That or just cable tie it under the car to the original fuel lines... Or if you want to do a really proper job buy a load of those P clips and mount them to the bottom of the car.

I want some them p clips but Carnt find them Undecided were can i get them from?

(13-08-2014, 08:57 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: What's benefit of 10mm fuel hoses and what size is standard

Less restriction I belive.

Thanks given by:
8mm feed is standard (I don't think anyone replaces the return line that is 6mm) The benefit is less restriction for the fuel. IIRC 10mm hose has about a 1/4 or 1/3 larger CS area

I just cabled mine under the car, used about 30+ cable ties.
Thanks given by:
FWIW. In my passat I'm going to upgrade the 8mm fuel line with 15mm PEX plumbing pipe.
Including the tank pickup. Run inside the car.
Cheap. Veg resistant. Wont see any heat. Internally will keep it reasonably warm - not that it matters much with 15mm bore Smile
Then go down to 10mm high temp in the bay.
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2014, 11:50 AM)nominous Wrote: FWIW. In my passat I'm going to upgrade the 8mm fuel line with 15mm PEX plumbing pipe.
Including the tank pickup. Run inside the car.
Cheap. Veg resistant. Wont see any heat. Internally will keep it reasonably warm - not that it matters much with 15mm bore Smile
Then go down to 10mm high temp in the bay.

I wanna see pics when this happens Wink

Thanks given by:
I'll dig out some pics of the previous setup with the added electrical heater.
Made a big difference to winter us, but TBH, the biggest problem with the passat is the 100K I've stuck on it since I bought it, all on veg.
It needs injectors, they might well be the originals. It's on 216K right now Smile
Parked up, ready to be stripped and replacing all sorts of stuff. - timing, coolant, water pump, thermo, temp sensor, all fuel lines, fitler head, IP mods, etc.

Rocking ma 306xrdt now.
I'll likely post a project thread for the 306, even if it's going to end up with Honda content Smile
Thanks given by:
You can get them on ebay... my local hydraulics place sells them aswell Smile

I would recommend 10mm lines to anyone with an XUD. Make a good difference tbh, especially if your chasing rpms.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump fuel lines and bits blinkyeatu 3 1,128 30-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Fuel filter for 10mm lines bashbarnard 5 1,787 12-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Last Post: maxlee
  upgraded rear calipers? Dean 1 951 01-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Piggy