Info on gti 6 and 306 convertable..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info on gti 6 and 306 convertable..
Hi all, just need to what is the gti 6 like on fuel and dose it have many errors and on a convertable can i change the front and rear bumpers to a phase 3? I am just waiting for a quote for my hdi insurance and if it is cheap then i will get another quote for a gti 6 if that is cheap aswell then i will go and make a person a offer as he only lives round the corner from me, also what is the convertable like? Are both cars smooth to drive? And what is heavier the gti6 or the convertable?
Thanks..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
If you have a look down about 10 threads back thetres one called what are GTi6's like as daily drivers here http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-25758.html that answweres all your GTi6 questions.

You can swap to ph3 bumpers but ph2 git6s/cabbys have ph3 bumpers anyway and if you fit a ph3 bumper with a ph1 grille and lights you'll have a massive gap from where the more modern cars are alot more rounded. If you swap a cabby rear bumper it has to be for a cabby item as they are different.
Thanks given by:
Cheers chris, aint the convertables phase 2-3? I seen some that look the same as phase 3..

(10-08-2014, 03:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If you have a look down about 10 threads back thetres one called what are GTi6's like as daily drivers here http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-25758.html that answweres all your GTi6 questions.

You can swap to ph3 bumpers but ph2 git6s/cabbys have ph3 bumpers anyway and if you fit a ph3 bumper with a ph1 grille and lights you'll have a massive gap from where the more modern cars are alot more rounded. If you swap a cabby rear bumper it has to be for a cabby item as they are different.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Convertibles are available across all phases.

Please write below the quoted text.
Thanks given by:
Is the convertable heavrier than the gti6?
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Bear in mind that the convertibles have 1.8s which are significantly less powerful than the gti-6 engine but do not get great fuel economy either.
I have not driven one, but they are substantially less torsionally stiffer than enclosed 306 shells as well based on what others have said.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Cabbies can also have the 2.0 engine, but its the crap XSi 135bhp engine with 5spd, nothing like the GTi6 power tbh...

They also have black bumper strips, whether they're ph3 or not.

And yes they heavy and soggy, built for looks and top down cruising rather than back road blasts.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 03:45 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Is the convertable heavrier than the gti6?

In gti6 is weight is 1214 kg.
The cabrio is around 1270kg, depending of the engine
Thanks given by:
I got someone that gave me a quote for a swap from the gti6 engine into the convertible engine bay so could be gti6 convertible, but might leave it standard as read the posts and sound more fun..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
TBH the base engine is the same as the 6 lump you could just swap the head, cams, manifolds and then get it mapped and have GTi6 power. Or you can buy a 6 lump with box manifolds and ECU for about £350, get the ECU unlocked for about £80 and then just swap it over.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 04:04 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Cabbies can also have the 2.0 engine, but its the crap XSi 135bhp engine with 5spd, nothing like the GTi6 power tbh...

They also have black bumper strips, whether they're ph3 or not.

And yes they heavy and soggy, built for looks and top down cruising rather than back road blasts.

Yes they do, forgot to mention it!

A few people have put diesel engines in them and had them as economical dailies which are good in summer.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Where they good with the diesel engines in?
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
They didn't do diesel ones. The diesel ones you've seen have been converted.

Having owned 2 cabbys and driven a few '6s, they are two COMPLETELY different cars, no similarities in how they drive.
Thanks given by:
I know they didnt do the diesels, was asking with the diesel conversions was they fine to drive without any problems..?
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Depends who did the conversion, you'll get good economy but it'll be smoky with the roof down.
Thanks given by:
Cabriolet rear bumpers are unique - none were colour-coded from the factory.

As said, go for a 2.0, whilst the 1.8 is a sweet engine it feels a bit strained with the additional weight of the cabriolet roof.

Both fantastic cars, depends what you want out of them. If you don't live anywhere that you are likely to exploit the GTi6 (fast A / B roads) and will use it primarily around town and on motorways, it isn't worthwhile owning IMO, there are cars better equipped for that kind of driving.

The Cabriolet needs careful consideration too, they're not the most secure of cars and they're all getting on a bit now. Hydraulics in the roof can go wrong and be expensive to repair (unless you're into DIY).
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Diesel converted cabbies are alright but never feel right after having had the petrol ones.
Thanks given by:
I think i will stick to the gti6 with no conversion.. thanks anyway guys..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by: