door handles never work first time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
door handles never work first time!
Okay guys developed a problem that startef with having to pull the exterior door handle twice to get it to pop, but now you have to do it like 5 or 6 times and this is the passenger and drivers doors so really annoying lol

The doors open perfectly from inside though and it seems if i unlock the car manually with the key as opposed to remote it is slightly better.

Any ideas?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I am having this problem too. Sometimes the drivers door wont open and i have to open the rear door and open it from the inside. Not sure whats happening but even when it does open it takes quite a pull to break the seal.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I'd guess the door has dropped over time and the handle cant pull far enough to fully disengage the latch, I'd try moving the latch on the B pillar down slightly tbh. Might not be that though!

Don't go at the handles too hard though, they break off easy! Then its rear door entry every time lol.
Thanks given by:
its really annoying! and as mine is 3 door its not as simple as going in the rear door. i was hoping it would be something simpler as when I unlock the car manually or if i have opened the door, closed it and then open it straight away again it will go first time
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Moving the latch is the simplest fix ever lol, its 2 minutes with a screwdriver.

If it's working under those conditions though, maybe the unlock solenoid is failing, but I cant see it happening to both at the same time. If it is that, changing it is a right arse.

I suppose the only simpler fix would b to grease the lock mechanism, I had a door that kept bouncing instead of shutting and a bit of lube then working it a bit seemed to fix it.
Thanks given by:
I had this on mine, the door cards were a bit loose which caused the bits you pull up to unlock the car from the inside to foul against where they come through the door card. They were only 3-4mm away from the top when I unlocked it from the outside but still stopped the door from opening.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door Handles TheLegendIsHere 3 1,108 21-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Silky
  Door handles? JJtheHITMAN 26 4,956 08-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  Riveted door handles londondan86 6 2,507 26-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Last Post: londondan86