So long and farewell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So long and farewell
Well, I p/x'd the GTi6 against a Civic today so I doubt I will be around on here any more. Thanks for the laughs, advice and project threads. Best of luck to you all.

I do have a few parts to sell such as a nearly new MAP sensor, exhaust fitting kit, GE quickshift so will get them up over the weekend.

For anyone who is considering one - whilst the 6 was a great car in it's day and still provides excellent smiles/performance for your pound, after a proper drive this evening the Type R really is a league above the 6.

- engine
- gearbox
- build quality
- ride quality
- interior

all much better.

[Image: 10470631_10152598666078320_4419905797794441399_n.jpg]
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
I'm sure in a straight line a '6 isn't far off an EP3?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2014, 09:28 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: I'm sure in a straight line a '6 isn't far off an EP3?

theyre very similar, just marginally quicker.
type r just dont have any torque and neet to ragged silly to see the power right at the top
my old DT put up a good fight against my mates tyre r, he was damn impressed how close it was
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
137bhp per tonne vs 158bhp per tonne for the civic, and quite similar gearbox ratios.

Real world I can't imagine there's much in it, a few car lengths maybe once you get to 100. What is this America, who cares about straight line anyway? ;-)
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2014, 09:42 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: 137bhp per tonne vs 158bhp per tonne for the civic, and quite similar gearbox ratios.

Real world I can't imagine there's much in it, a few car lengths maybe once you get to 100. What is this America, who cares about straight line anyway? ;-)

Numbers and statistics mean nothing! (majority of the time with the odd exception).

'6 are legendary motors!
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
It really does get tedious seeing all the "yeah but a '6 is just as quick" and "you have to rag them to make them because they have no torque". The first one, who gives a shit. The second... That's the whole point of VTEC?! It's not a diesel.

Rant over.

Nice car man, really like them. Enjoy it!
Thanks given by:
A 306 will have it in the twisties

Don't mean you have to leave cos you don't have a 306 90% or the forum staff don't own a peugeot lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
158bhp per ton...

The question is 158bhp for how long and how accessible Wink

As said, I do like them, they're just not for me!!

I'm sure you'll love and enjoy it mind!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Far play dude!! But I have a lot of fun racing these and to be honest they really don't catch up that we'll Wink
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fair enough mate, but why leave? There are plenty of members on here now that dont have 306's, but stick around for the community/social side of things. Feel free to hang around and keep us up to date with what you're doing...even stick a project thread up if you're modding the civic? Wink

Just dont feel you're no longer welcome because you dont have a 306 any more... Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Civic produces a bit more torque than a 6, they are not that lacking. I've driven several EP3's, there wouldn't be a great deal in it track time wise, but the civic is undoubtedly a faster car.

People who say they have no real power though, cannot have had a go. The surge they produce is excellent!
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2014, 09:24 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Well, I p/x'd the GTi6 against a Civic today so I doubt I will be around on here any more. Thanks for the laughs, advice and project threads. Best of luck to you all.

I do have a few parts to sell such as a nearly new MAP sensor, exhaust fitting kit, GE quickshift so will get them up over the weekend.

For anyone who is considering one - whilst the 6 was a great car in it's day and still provides excellent smiles/performance for your pound, after a proper drive this evening the Type R really is a league above the 6.

- engine
- gearbox
- build quality
- ride quality
- interior

all much better.

[Image: 10470631_10152598666078320_4419905797794441399_n.jpg]

just because you own a non 306, doesn't mean you have to leave, you can still have the laughs and still enjoy the forum etc,
Thanks given by:
Stick around fella!

And why are we all surprised/annoyed/indignant to a newer car developed and designed with more modern materials, design strategies and build practices....of course it will and SHOULD be better!!

Its Jap, got vtec....enough said surely!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
but but . . . . . . . . .it it it . . . . . . . .ahhhhh it looks shit! . . .sorry, i said it lol . . . .as long as you like it mate and feel free to stick around anyway . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Just join team variable valve timing Wink

You dont have to leave, im still here and all i get is abuse ..maybe im into that kind of thing
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Haha, thanks for the comments, I would love to stay but i'll need to sign up to the Type R forum for help and advice and I spend far too much time in front of a computer as it is to be active on two forums, i'm sure i'll pop in from time to time to see what's going on though.

Drover over 100 miles yesterday to get home, my goodness vtec is fun.
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2014, 08:04 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Just join team variable valve timing Wink

You dont have to leave, im still here and all i get is abuse ..maybe im into that kind of thing

we let you stay because we all feel sorry for you having to drive around in that rover, with its "water injection system" (ie head gasket).,.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 03:43 AM)toseland Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 08:04 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Just join team variable valve timing Wink

we let you stay because we all feel sorry for you having to drive around in that rover, with its "water injection system" (ie head gasket).,.

I feel sorry for him, due to the weight of it, should have got a proper rover.
Thanks given by:
Great cars, definately faster than a '6, i went from a CTR to a '6 and it was noticable, doesnt mean the '6 wasnt fun though!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
But you didnt keep the civic long, so cant have been that good
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 01:14 PM)Jimbo Wrote: But you didnt keep the civic long, so cant have been that good

Missed my diesels! And you cant do anything with NA's, boring.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Car looks lovely mate. Really do like these! Stick around though. Providing you ignore the usual group of people saying "buy a 6, its better" every 30 seconds, you'll still enjoy the banter!

Seriously though, a 6 is better :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
FairPlay bud good on you. Can't stick to 306's forever seeing as their production ended over a decade ago. I do love these and would have one over a 6 probably but it's a 49/51 percent lean as they're both cracking cars. As long as you love it and are happy then good on you pal.

Just a quick add in. Anyone know why honda are scrapping vtec on the next generations of civic and going to turbo? Efficiency we think? Or... Not looked into it.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 03:52 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Just a quick add in. Anyone know why honda are scrapping vtec on the next generations of civic and going to turbo? Efficiency we think? Or... Not looked into it.

Emmisions....major engine changes are always about emmisions. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 04:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(10-08-2014, 03:52 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Just a quick add in. Anyone know why honda are scrapping vtec on the next generations of civic and going to turbo? Efficiency we think? Or... Not looked into it.

Emmisions....major engine changes are always about emmisions. Dodgy

Then again I've just done research myself that claims they're working on turbo'd vtec engines. It was a friend of mine said they were scrapping vtec much to my surprise as I see no reason to do so.

Also scarily enough just seen that the tenth gen civic will be designed by North America honda...
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by: