Turbo conversion gti6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo conversion gti6
I'd budget at least 4-5k for it.

Expect it to cost you £6k by the time you find stuff that's shitted on the way.

It's not the same as someone whacking a TD04 on an XUD9. Why do you think people harp on about the performance gains of an XUD9 for how cheap it is - lol!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Another issue is the gearbox which can't handle the torque apparently.
So yeah it doesn't seem easy or cheap.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, swap for a 5 speed Xsara box which will, but the ratios I expect are typically terrible like every other Peugeot box.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I was originally going to turbo my project, it came to about 5k in parts alone even before getting a good GTI 6 engine. You will have to rebuild the engine as most 6's are well over the 100,000k mark now.

I have gone for a much cheaper option. 2.0 8v Turbo out of a Citroen Xantia Activa- Factory built turbo engine for a start. All i hear is people slagging this engine off, but to be fair it has a lot of low down grunt, i picked up a 52K lump, g-box,ECU and loom for a little over £300.

Yes you have to modify the bulkhead box section by cutting a piece out for the turbo to sit, have the box section welded up for strength and job done

Couple that with a BE3 gear box and you have a turbo motor with 150 Bhp for standard, you can adjust the boost pressure to a max of 15 psi as the ecu only has a 2 bar map sensor, this will give you around the 180 bhp mark, set up properly on a dyno.

The wiring is the biggest issue so far, i am having to send my loom to pug1off to be made.

Future mods for my conversion will be a custom engine managment set up. 440cc fuel injectors, nissan 200sx turbo, adjustable fuel pressure regulator. This should take me to the 220 bhp mark.

The stock internals are well up to the job, and the engine has a compression ratio of 8.0:1.

Its great to have a masssive power machine but if its not reliable whats the point.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2014, 11:01 AM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: I was originally going to turbo my project, it came to about 5k in parts alone even before getting a good GTI 6 engine. You will have to rebuild the engine as most 6's are well over the 100,000k mark now.

I have gone for a much cheaper option. 2.0 8v Turbo out of a Citroen Xantia Activa- Factory built turbo engine for a start. All i hear is people slagging this engine off, but to be fair it has a lot of low down grunt, i picked up a 52K lump, g-box,ECU and loom for a little over £300.

Yes you have to modify the bulkhead box section by cutting a piece out for the turbo to sit, have the box section welded up for strength and job done

Couple that with a BE3 gear box and you have a turbo motor with 150 Bhp for standard, you can adjust the boost pressure to a max of 15 psi as the ecu only has a 2 bar map sensor, this will give you around the 180 bhp mark, set up properly on a dyno.

The wiring is the biggest issue so far, i am having to send my loom to pug1off to be made.

Future mods for my conversion will be a custom engine managment set up. 440cc fuel injectors, nissan 200sx turbo, adjustable fuel pressure regulator. This should take me to the 220 bhp mark.

The stock internals are well up to the job, and the engine has a compression ratio of 8.0:1.

Its great to have a masssive power machine but if its not reliable whats the point.

He kind of has a point..

If your on a budget why not drop a turbo lump in for a few hundred quid.. It's not exactly going to be "boring".
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I have a friend who's gearbox mounted a turbo to that 2.0 8v turbo engine. Gone to town a bit on it, think on the initial running in remap session its currently at 200hp @ 10 psi. More to give apparently.

I have a friend who's gearbox mounted a turbo to that 2.0 8v turbo engine. Gone to town a bit on it, think on the initial running in remap session its currently at 200hp @ 10 psi. More to give apparently.

Like pugnut said could be something to look to.
Thanks given by:
i did spend 30k yes but ive gone to the extreme, take your budget and add more on. You can always account for the big things but its all the little things that add up. i use a hdi box and a quafie diff too. you need to do something with your brakes and suspension as neither are man enough for the job. So if your gonna do it properly 10k wont get you far. Any questions just ask.

Also ive had the 2litre 8v in my 205 which is worlds away from my gti6 sorry 5

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=144030

have a read at your own leisure
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.8 to gti6 conversion jasonf 4 1,554 24-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Matt
  1.6 8v to gti6 conversion ?? Jukie88 19 7,784 23-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam