Clutch options

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch options
Need to replace my clutch soon, is there any in particular that are better? I'm looking at tuning the car soon so want something that will hold the power and last long.

Any one have any suggestions like a paddle clutch or something?
Thanks given by:
Unless your goin for big turbo power the standard clutches hold.
Just go for a good brand.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
standard Valeo will hold plenty unless you're going 180+ stick to that i reckon . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
As above, Valeo should be fine, and is under £100 for the XUD kit on ECP atm!
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 08:29 AM)Toms306 Wrote: As above, Valeo should be fine, and is under £100 for the XUD kit on ECP atm!

Valeo it is then Smile just gotta find someone to help me fit it haha I don't really want to take it to a garage
Thanks given by:
Valeo can also be had on CP4L for £74 atm with their CP10LESS code. I bought a HDi clutch the other day from there with no issues.

With the money you save, treat the box to a couple of new plastic bushes for the fork. and maybe a release bearing sleeve.
Thanks given by:
It's not too difficult to do yourself tbh, just a bit of a pain lining up the clutch fork being a pull type! If you were closer I'd give you a hand, but I'm sure there are plenty of people near you anyway!

(30-07-2014, 08:52 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Valeo can also be had on CP4L for £74 atm with their CP10LESS code.

That is good! CP4L hadn't been much cheaper than ECP for a while but that's quite a difference lol!

I'd also do the fork bushes, gear oil seals and cable while you're there tbh. And don't forget the gearbox oil.
Thanks given by:
As said not to difficult justt getting the arm off is the hardest part lol

You welcome to come up to birmingham and ill give you a hand
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Im just up the road if you get stuck mate. Theres nothing brute force and ignorance cant fix Wink oh im actually a professional, not a dum dum type of professional
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That b*stard arm is a c**t!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I used a blow torch to get mine our half melted then replaced them. So much easier. Nice clutch now as well
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys Smile is it better to use Peugeot specific gearbox oil? And thanks Connor I may have to drive to yours and we can fit it if that's okay, I've never attempted it so would be nice to have some support Smile
Thanks given by:
+1 on the gearbox oil. Use PSA approved total stuff
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Pfft! Just chuck any old gearbox oil in.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 12:15 PM)Piggy Wrote: +1 on the gearbox oil. Use PSA approved total stuff

Thanks mate Smile gonna be an expensive few months haha
Thanks given by:
If I had a driveway you could, but sadly I dont :/
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 12:45 PM)Connor Wrote: If I had a driveway you could, but sadly I dont :/

Hmm I have a driveway at mine so you could always drive round when I come to replace it all?
Thanks given by:
Yeah ì wouldnt mind coming to supervise lol
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 01:05 PM)Connor Wrote: Yeah ì wouldnt mind coming to supervise lol

Fine by me haha that's all I need is someone to tell me what to do, after that I'm sure I could do it myself in the future Smile
Thanks given by:
Try calder clutches.. been running a paddle (5) clutch from them in mine for a while... dirt cheap and spot on quality
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clutch options? ash23 5 1,474 19-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Last Post: ash23
  Clutch options sherman306 11 2,544 03-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  306 D turbo Clutch options AssMonkey13 30 7,314 23-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Last Post: AssMonkey13