vnt turbo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vnt turbo?
Sorry for askin the same old question but im in need of advice!

Im stickin a 1.9 dci into my1.5 megane, its the 130 spec with gt1749v turbo.

Now, im looking at 200bhp but unsure if this turbo can take it, and seeing as though you guys run 1.9 engines its pretty similar!

Darksidedevelopments use a gtb1749v to reach 200bhp on the 1.9 8v but whats the difference from a gt to a gtb?

Would a gt1852v from a 2.2 be a better option? I will be retaining the ecu vac can control aswel.

Any other options i can look at?

Cheers
Craig
Thanks given by:
I don't see how a PSA XUD is in anyway similar to a Renault DCi...except the capacity lol.

As for the turbo though, they use a 1749v on 1.9PD's which can push 200bhp, and the same with Vaux 1.9CDTi's which can make over 200bhp...
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2014, 08:58 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I don't see how a PSA XUD is in anyway similar to a Renault DCi...except the capacity lol.

As for the turbo though, they use a 1749v on 1.9PD's which can push 200bhp, and the same with Vaux 1.9CDTi's which can make over 200bhp...

Exactly that, same displacement, so would be similar in exhaust gas volume and air in. And as there is a few turbo guys ie ruan, darren and james to name a few i was looking at what would be best suited to this size engine
Thanks given by:
I think the 49 will be right at its limit at 200bhp. You might actually make the power easier with the 1852.

The Garrett turbo series started as GT then went to GTA and are now on the GTB series (actually I'm sure I've seen GTC stuff but its out of our price range) anyway the more modern stuff tends to be more efficient and less laggy. Any VNT turbo is likely to be a GTA even if it doesn't say so on it.
Thanks given by:
Craig, just go bigger turbo. Will make the power MUCH easier, less heat, less stress etc etc.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
GTB is a big leap on from GTs
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
GTB1749s are all well and good and yes they will make 200hp... No point in spending money on putting one in for really pushing it...

On a 1.9 8v Commonrail I'd be looking at something like a GTB1756VK or GTB2056VK - the 1756 will make 230hp, the 2056 will make 260 or so.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Got the engine sat in the garage now, just waitin on the turbo, rs tuning say 170-180bhp is max on this turbo, so what do we reckon, hybrid to make a gt1752v or just go gt1852v? What would be the difference between the hybrid 17 to the 18?
Thanks given by: