first things to do to a hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first things to do to a hdi
hi there whats the best mods (cheap as possible) for my 306 hdi estate just want to make it run a bit better with abit more power any advise would be great cheers
Thanks given by:
Service, maybe with a k&n panel filter
Decat exhaust
Remap

In that order IMO

Don't bother with cone filters if there oiled they f*ck the maf up and don't make any more power
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
where is the best to get a remap am from middlesbrough
Thanks given by:
blank off the egr top left of the engine bay
Thanks given by:
Don't bother with uprated panel filters either imo, they're just as bad as cone filters for the most part when it comes to poor filtration/flow and killing the mafs, K&N are as bad as the rest. A standard panel filter in the standard airbox will flow more air than you will ever need this side of 180bhp.

Bear in mind a decat could be considered an mot failure since they revised they mot rules recently, the regs have been tightened up specifically on diesel exhaust systems, so worth putting a fake cat on. Could also do a midbox to backbox conversion.

There's a few guides in the guide section that cover this pretty comprehensively, worth a look. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Service, de-cat, EGR blank, then remap with EGR delete.

If it's particularly slow you might have a problem with the MAF, but if all is good then you can go straight for the remap.
There are a few companies who can offer good remaps for the HDI engines, all you need is an MPPS tool and then you can buy the remap via internet and upload it yourself. No need to travel around and you can get a good quality map.

Steve
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
where can i get one of the mpps tools and what are they cheers
Thanks given by:
Take a look on eBay, its a device that programs the ECU through the diagnostics port. All you need is a laptop. There's a guide on my website under downloads.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: