325TDS a la Dum-Dum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
325TDS a la Dum-Dum
Connor Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:How many times do I have to ask this - which engines have I apparently blown up?! lol
Jj's, mowel's, jake's and toby's ninja

Jordans is the only one I have come close to killing, Jakes/Mowles/Tobys? :think:
Thanks given by:
Mine is poorly because I turned the boost up to over two bar of boost, not because dan gov modded it =| ,,

And Mowle hit a deer, can't blame dan for that, although I'm pretty sure he did kill Jordan's Rofl
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
it picks up the revs off the crank pulley or flywheel. when i fit the pump the EML bulb will be coming off or de-soldered. dum, i think have a clock off an E36, got it off taylon but i think he said it works, its the analogue one
Thanks given by:
stevieg Wrote:dum, i think have a clock off an E36, got it off taylon but i think he said it works, its the analogue one

Where the f*ck does that fit? mine is part of the (soon to be removed) trip computer.
Thanks given by:
For those who are wondering (considering buying a 325tds) it comfortably has the power as standard to do 2nd gear donuts till the tyres explode and will drift in 3rd with a fair bit of effort.

Obv on private land ninja
Thanks given by:
You go through cars so quickly Chris. But this looks like tis going to turn out well. I like the idea of re-shelling it into a 2door, but i get the feeling you wont own it long enough to do this.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
stevieg Wrote:dum, i think have a clock off an E36, got it off taylon but i think he said it works, its the analogue one

Where the f*ck does that fit? mine is part of the (soon to be removed) trip computer.

Iirc it goes where the computer is, it's an analogue clock with a little coin tray attached to one side of it...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Liam gosh theyer overpriced on ebay, going for about £15.
Thanks given by:
we had one of these in work the othere day with no down pipe connected sounded savage Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Liam gosh theyer overpriced on ebay, going for about £15.

BMW parts mate, always the way. Should only be a fiver from a scrappie. I'm off to one over the easter weekend, want me to have a look and bring it to PPC if I find one?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Did stevie not say up there that he had one??
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Guys dont worry about it cos i wont have space to fit it. The stereo is going in where the trip computer is and theres a 3 gauge din thing going up where the stereo was with boost IAT and a clock.

Hopefully get that done while steve is doing the pump tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Got a whole pile of stuff to fit tomorrow before camping meet.

[attachment=0]

Cant wait to have a working stereo.
The water temp gauge is (hopefully) gonna do my inlet temp.
The induction kit is only cheap but its taken me a while to realise the reason why the inlet is always warm after a drive even though its FMIC'd as standard. The air box is bolted to the side of the engine above the exhaust manifold and turbo.

New washer bottle is going on the inlet side as when i get a big turbo on ill probably melt the std ones.

Really excited to have a pump that I can tune. Looks like a throttle cable off a petrol bmw is going to do the trick.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Should be interesting :-) hope it all goes in alright ! Not had a stereo since the cab then?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Stereo in and appears to be working. fitting the bosch is turning into one long f*ck up, appears ive been sold a dud pump.

Steve is still outside refitting the original.
Thanks given by:
Ahh crap not good. Is it a goner or rebuild job?
Still off to camping this evening?
Thanks given by:
whats up with pump?

Are you getting fuel at the DV's? Not sure how firing order runs on that relation to set point...

Is vane pump moving fuel etc?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
basically with no plunger and a full pump its not popping any fuel at any throttle point at the outlets. max fuel was wound in a few turns along with a gov mod but i can feel the resistance in the last little bit of throttle travel. came with fuel inside the pump apparently but nothing visible with the lid off although i wasn't looking for fuel in there, im thinking the vane pump may have seized or its leaking internally somehow. pump came fully capped too
Thanks given by:
Im gonna attempt to rebuild the VE myself, hopefully the problem will become apparent then. Fuel was going in but not coming out the delivery valves.

Got the old pump sealed up and back on, hopefully just need to put the injector lines in the right order and shell fire.

She was trying to run on a bit of camping gas fired down the inlet and throwing out light grey fuel smoke so its gotta be almost there.

Battery is compleetly f*cked but im not shelling out £££ on a new one if the car is f*cked.
Thanks given by:
If its pumping fuel in / out the vane pump is fine....sounds pretty strange tbh...Was looking forward to seeing this, any pics of it fitted etc?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
had the leakoff line disconnected and only tiny bubbles came out, don't remember anything coming out under cranking. it has a very low flow and pressure lift pump, that wasn't enough to pump fuel out the return line.

don't have any pics myself but chris might have 1 or 2
Thanks given by:
Darren the lift pump is pumping it in at tiny pressure but its not coming out again.

Any chance if i post it down to you youd have time to have a look at it and do a rebuild.

With the old pump back on it pumps fuel up to the injectors and im getting un burnt fuel smoke out the zorst but it wont start as some of the injector lines are on wrong.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the same problem me and darren had with my one.... fuel was going in but nothing coming out :/ Bit mine did run a little bit thats how we didnt notice before hand :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Its definately the pump thats f*cked, everything else is fine and itll run on gas squirted down then inlet.

Not worth buying another one so the car is getting scrapped.
Thanks given by:
Gutted bud coming back to pug then? Or sticking with rwd? Nissan 200?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Gutted bud coming back to pug then? Or sticking with rwd? Nissan 200?
Haha love the was you assume this being Chris he will just get another car lol
Thanks given by:
Well he ain't going to walk to meets is he rev lol
Thanks given by:
Actually.......

I may decide to be car less for a little while
Thanks given by:
Yeh like 2 days knowing you lol
Thanks given by: