325TDS a la Dum-Dum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
325TDS a la Dum-Dum
Nice car mate. Always liked the E36 BM's. Diddnt realise the TDS came with the pov spec parts - bumpers, tail lights, etc.

Loving the performance plans, I suppose the 6 pot will spool a beastie turbo, what is on the cards at the moment?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
My current fuel pump is absolutely pissing fuel now, reckon im loosing about a quater of what i put in via the pump seals and it really is leaking EVERYWHERE, as quick as i seal one bit it springs a leak somewhere else. Really praying this pump turns up quick or I may not be coming camping.

londondan86 Wrote:Nice car mate. Always liked the E36 BM's. Diddnt realise the TDS came with the pov spec parts - bumpers, tail lights, etc.

Loving the performance plans, I suppose the 6 pot will spool a beastie turbo, what is on the cards at the moment?
DAF Cummins turbo, H1C or whatever its called. TBH itll be whatever looks best when I get a chance to go to a truck breakers.

n0v0s Wrote:Also, would it not work out cheaper to get a 12mm 6cyl. bosch pump from something else and fit that? Rather than getting a 324tds pump and then another 12mm pump just for the head?

Surely the shaft/pulley could be modified/bodged? That way the pump would be calibrated to a 12mm head too?

Nah its the mounting nose thats the issue and its unique to bmws, some vauxhalls are close but ive not had a chance to compare.

Ive already bought a 524 pump so no worries as to whats cheaper and TBH with my current fuel leaks I need a new pump on ASAP.
Thanks given by:
Chris you will be coming camping even if it means coming in my car!
How much did you pay for the car? Must of been bloody cheap if it's pissing fuel everywhere?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It wasnt pissing when i bought it, Veg and 500 miles of ragging have hurt it.

Haggled the car down to £300
Thanks given by:
Interestingly even pissing out fuel im still getting 38mpg
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:My current fuel pump is absolutely pissing fuel now, reckon im loosing about a quater of what i put in via the pump seals and it really is leaking EVERYWHERE, as quick as i seal one bit it springs a leak somewhere else. Really praying this pump turns up quick or I may not be coming camping.

londondan86 Wrote:Nice car mate. Always liked the E36 BM's. Diddnt realise the TDS came with the pov spec parts - bumpers, tail lights, etc.

DAF Cummins turbo, H1C or whatever its called. TBH itll be whatever looks best when I get a chance to go to a truck breakers.

n0v0s Wrote:Also, would it not work out cheaper to get a 12mm 6cyl. bosch pump from something else and fit that? Rather than getting a 324tds pump and then another 12mm pump just for the head?

Surely the shaft/pulley could be modified/bodged? That way the pump would be calibrated to a 12mm head too?

Nah its the mounting nose thats the issue and its unique to bmws, some vauxhalls are close but ive not had a chance to compare.

Ive already bought a 524 pump so no worries as to whats cheaper and TBH with my current fuel leaks I need a new pump on ASAP.

I found a truck brakers near me! Will probably have a look next week. any thing i should be looking for in particular?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
There's a bus/minibus breakers over Erith, it's where my mate works, might find a turbo there.

http://www.erithcommercials.co.uk/
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the offers guys but im not quite at the stage of needing a turbo yet, want to sort brakes suspension, fmic and most importantly the pump first
Thanks given by:
I like it Chris, good choice.

'Car Model/Spec', needs changing now Wink
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:I like it Chris, good choice.

'Car Model/Spec', needs changing now Wink

Cheers mate, Ive actually wanted one of these or a 330d for about 5 years
Thanks given by:
I was looking at E36 325TDS' a few weeks back actually, im assuming they never did them in the 2 door coupe shell? Shame because the E36 coupe's look absolutely amazing dropped on some nice wheels with M bumpers!
Thanks given by:
yeah, If they did it in the 2 door id of had it in the 2 door.

I may re-shell it into a coupe one day.
Thanks given by:
absolutely LOVE 6 pot dervs, the sound they make on idle is AWESOME.
Thanks given by:
stevieg Wrote:absolutely LOVE 6 pot dervs, the sound they make on idle is AWESOME.

The sound at 3500 is better ninja
Thanks given by:
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost Big Grin
Thanks given by:
looks nice im wanting one now
Thanks given by:
So my Bosch is here. May have to gov mod it before it gets fitted.

[attachment=0]
[attachment=2]

Removed the not working aftermarket alarm last night, was attached in about 20 places. Has given me a nice pile of wiring in my scrap bucket though.

[attachment=3]
[attachment=1]

MPG wouldnt be too bad if i wasnt pissing fuel

[attachment=4]

Oh and a quick pic of her on the dyno

[attachment=5]

It is true what they say about the cost of BMW parts, even pattern parts out the motor factors are really expensive compared to the same bit for a Pug. Fuel filter was £17, Inlet manifold gaskets are £2.20 each and theres 6 of them

HDI306 Wrote:looks nice im wanting one now

Youll want one even more when i put up videos of it tuned

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:May have to gov mod it before it gets fitted.

Be gentle this time :geek: lol
Thanks given by:
Needs a mahooooooosive turbo Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
just a little thing. you will may loose the mpg and readout on the fully mech pump
Thanks given by:
And you're aware you're going to have to rig up a throttle cable Wink

It's also going to send a lot of the dash electrics wild at a guess... Do you know if it reads RPM from the ECU or just from the hall sensor?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:May have to gov mod it before it gets fitted.

Be gentle this time :geek: lol

STAY THE f*ck AWAY FROM THIS DAN! lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:STAY THE f*ck AWAY FROM THIS DAN! lol

Iv never broken a gov cradle - Chris has. f*ck you.
Thanks given by:
True, you have just blown up a few engines which I think may be more what Connor was getting at.................. lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:True, you have just blown up a few engines which I think may be more what Connor was getting at.................. lmao

How many times do I have to ask this - which engines have I apparently blown up?! lol
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:And you're aware you're going to have to rig up a throttle cable Wink

It's also going to send a lot of the dash electrics wild at a guess... Do you know if it reads RPM from the ECU or just from the hall sensor?

stevieg Wrote:just a little thing. you will may loose the mpg and readout on the fully mech pump

Yep Im well aware that most of the functions in the trip computer box will die but TBH they are all pretty shit anyway so its no great loss. The new stereo is going in where the trip computer was and ive got a 3 gauge din holder to go in the old stereo slot for boost, inlet temp and a working clock.

As for the RPMs im planning on leaving the ECU in situ for now so hopefully itll still give RPMS. I reckon its old and shit enough that it wouldnt be too hard to rig something up if it does die. 306 clocks anyone?

Dan! Wrote:
Connor Wrote:STAY THE f*ck AWAY FROM THIS DAN! lol

Iv never broken a gov cradle - Chris has. f*ck you.

mark_airey Wrote:True, you have just blown up a few engines which I think may be more what Connor was getting at.................. lmao

I have snapped lots of things and yes that includes a gov cradel and a gov top cap, this is why ive got stevieg coming to help me on friday.

I have also blown up a couple of engines before so im capable of doing that too
Thanks given by:
Tacho will still work, worst case pull the hat off the vp and leave it connected in the engine bay somewhere, ecu will almost be happy, will throw codes due to loosing control of IQ, but things like tacho will still work fine.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Tacho will still work, worst case pull the hat off the vp and leave it connected in the engine bay somewhere, ecu will almost be happy, will throw codes due to loosing control of IQ, but things like tacho will still work fine.

Yeah thats roughly what I was planning. TBH getting this new pump fitted and running without pissing fuel is the priority. The electric side of things can wait really.

Any idea what the big grey canister on the side of the pump (with the red and yellow caps) does.

Its connected to a cable that goes to a throttle stop so im guessing its a fuel pressure regulator but has anyone got any better ideas

[Image: file.php?id=669&t=1]
Thanks given by:
Could possibly be a vacuum stop? Dunno what pump that's off, but looks like that sorta thing...

Could be like the transits with the cold start solenoid?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:

How many times do I have to ask this - which engines have I apparently blown up?! lol
Jj's, mowel's, jake's and toby's ninja
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by: