Side skirt extensions and rear diffuser side pieces

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side skirt extensions and rear diffuser side pieces
(10-10-2014, 11:43 AM)RetroPug Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 10:01 PM)Piggy Wrote: Surely you wana come under the beam and tank to the floor of the car?!
That huge exhaust gap is guna kill the aero a bit too, no?

Boxing the exhaust in is probably going to melt something though.

Not with the right materials.

How do you think Mercedes run 1000degree exhaust in a F1 car without it setting on fire.... oh wait... Confused

seriously though, that will make such turbulence without boxing it in slightly or as Ruan said, blown diffuser for the win!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah i didnt want to risk cutting it too close and it was tricky to figure out the cut out without it in place. I would like to have gone straight through, and if i can get another sheet i will but for now this was the best way i could do it.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If anyone wants to improve on it or make a better design please do share
Thanks given by:
If you was to cover the exhaust, maybe put some louvers (spelling?) Facing the back? May help drag the heat away..
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2014, 12:04 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(10-10-2014, 11:43 AM)RetroPug Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 10:01 PM)Piggy Wrote: Surely you wana come under the beam and tank to the floor of the car?!
That huge exhaust gap is guna kill the aero a bit too, no?

Boxing the exhaust in is probably going to melt something though.

Not with the right materials.

How do you think Mercedes run 1000degree exhaust in a F1 car without it setting on fire.... oh wait... Confused

seriously though, that will make such turbulence without boxing it in slightly or as Ruan said, blown diffuser for the win!

He's using plastic sheeting and F1 cars don't sit static in traffic for 2 hours on the M25.
Also, race cars catch fire all the time and have lots of fire crew waiting to put them out when they do.

IMO Slam Wagon it is quite a good design, and as you said it is difficult to make it flatter and go further back without negociating the rear beam. That would probably be ideal but I've no idea how tricky that'd be having never looked at how to get something around it.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Having looked at it with it cut right and a few vertical brackets coming from the floor behind the fuel tank i think you could run it through. Will need to get another sheet to try but can only get white now, and its more expensive.
Thanks given by:
Where are you buy the sheet from?

Have you looked at direct plastics online.
Thanks given by:
Local building plastics place, i havent.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=20184]the small gap for the wxhaust isnt going to kill things, here's an R35 GTR, fitted with a Litchfield 102mm SS turbo back system.

https://www.facebook.com/LitchfieldMotor...permPage=1
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear passenger side door won't open DonGonzo 0 884 19-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: DonGonzo
  Removing and Refitting Side Skirts JTaylor2005 19 4,643 03-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Hdi sear side airbags toseland 8 2,118 30-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Toms306