GT20 HDi estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: GT20 HDi estate
Yup, you read it right. I'm looking to sell the estate.

I've owned this car since Jan 2012, and I've always said I'll never sell it. But circumstances have changed to the point where I'm just not able to justify keeping it, as I'm not driving it and I can't put the time and money in to finish it with so much else going on at the moment; I'll be so sad to see her go but I want to put more effort into another project, currently sat in a garage awaiting epic boost Big Grin

Link to the project thread: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-1170-page-15.html

Currently there's 12 months tax and MOT until April 2015.

And the spec is as follows:

Suspension and brakes:
GTi-6 brakes with greenstuff on the front, pagid on the rear. Pretty much new all round.
Braided lines fitted all round, ATE blue race fluid changed just before Pugfest.
Lowered on D2 coilovers on the front, with 23.5mm torsion bars and Koni shocks on the rear.
20mm spacers and stud conversion.
Cyclones with Rainsport 2's (not my choice, they're crap tyres)
De-pas mod (http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-18204.html)
Fly off handbrake (http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-14646.html)

Interior:
Not much really, S16 seats up front with a nice grippy steering wheel.
And that's about it..

Engine:
Freshly honed block and new piston rings, reused the bearing shells as they were absolutely fine.
Rebuilt head
New water pump, cambelt and aux belt
GT2052 turbo
Stage 2 remap, estimated around 175 BHP. Unknown actual figure but anyone who's been in it will testify it flies!
3" exhaust all the way to a cherrybomb backbox
1800bar rail sensor
Battery relocated to the boot
Extended gearstick and quickshift with baker BM linkages
Toyosports intercooler with 2.25" piping
CG 4 paddle clutch (scrap, will be replaced with a sprung 4 paddle if the asking price is met)
Powerflex bottom mount and chocked top mount
EGT, oil temp and boost gauges

External:

Lairy FMIC with no grille
Yellow fogs
Tinted rear lights
Black masks with 100W mains
black bonnet badge
Ecosse spoiler
Tints on all rear windows
Team Heko wind deflectors

Bad bits:

There's a dent above the driver's rear wheel, it's shallow and not really noticeable but it is quite large.
Due to my mum failing badly there's a fold in the top of the bootlid, but thanks to Dominic, that's been reduced to be nearly invisible.
Currently it's off the road as the clutch release bearing has given up after the abuse I gave it at pugfest, but if I get the sort of money I'm looking for I'll supply and fit a new clutch.
The wheels are in a state, but again, if the money is right I'll refurb them any colour.
The seats sit quite high due to the adaptors I made, but I'll chuck in the standard seats if I have time to get them from Cumbria.
There's a few stone chips and age related marks (but the shell is generally in very good condition, I'm being picky)
The rear arch has rusted in the usual place, which I'm surprised at due to the shell being on only 50,000 miles or so.

I'm looking for offers around £1900. I know that's a lot to ask but there's a lot on this car and If it came to it I could see that sort of money breaking it, not to mention the effort put in to get this far. I really want this to go to someone who will continue to make it epic, it's been a hard decision to put up this thread..

Anyway, Picture time!

[attachment=17745]

[attachment=17746]

[attachment=17747]

[attachment=17748]

[attachment=17749]

[attachment=17750]

And a quick video (with a missed gear, fail Sad ) from Pugfest Smile

Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
what is with all this post pugfest sell-a-thon?
Thanks given by:
As sad as i would be to see this go from Jonny, just to back up what he's said, i think its valued correctly. It is mint for its age and is really really nice!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Jonny if it helps you sell the car, and you get a price you are happy with - I will map it for the new owner, for free, to a stage 3 tune. It's crying out for it.....

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Gutted to see you selling this! If I had the spare money I would love to snap this 1.

1 of my favourite 306s!!
Thanks given by:
Don't regret it dude, that's all I'll say. It's a horrible feeling. GLWTS though Smile.
Thanks given by:
wish i could afford, looks pretty epic tbf . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2014, 09:10 PM)Curt Wrote: Don't regret it dude, that's all I'll say. It's a horrible feeling. GLWTS though Smile.

Qft.

Really wish I had the money to rip your arm off for this, if you do sell, and it's to someone that's (heaven forbid) not a member, you have to make it a stipulation of sale that they sign up and keep us updated on the progress! Wink

So much love for this estate, will be a shame to see it go, but if you're dead set on the idea, so be it.

Good luck dude. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks like the same colour as my 306 estate rear end trailer. Have you a tow bar?
Thanks given by:
GLWTS
Ive read your project thread quite a few times and have got to say its one of my favourite cars on the forum!
Would love to get my HDI up to the same spec of yours and may do someday
Epic car anyway mate!
Thanks given by:
Ffs Jonny. You shouldn't sell it.
Thanks given by:
Awww, I'd love my old car back. PM me if we can do a deal that doesn't involve the rallye.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2014, 10:11 PM)Alex Wrote: Looks like the same colour as my 306 estate rear end trailer. Have you a tow bar?

No tow bar, but one was fitted in the past so it'd be easy to fit

Thanks for the comments guys, I know it's unexpected but I've had a good time with it and want someone else to enjoy it now.

Thanks given by:
(16-07-2014, 08:46 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: what is with all this post pugfest sell-a-thon?

^^^^this! Loads of epic 306s suddenly being broken or sold!?? Doh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Would love to have this tbh Undecided just haven't got the money at the moment Doh
Thanks given by:
Location please?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Near Southampton, PM me if you want to come and have a look. She still drives but I'd advise against it with the clutch in it's current state.

Thanks given by:
Bump up, I'll listen to serious offers on the asking price. Just to reiterate, I do intend to fix the clutch so you will be buying a fully working car. Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I really like this, few things concern me, my sigma 5 door the seats sat high, i really didnt like it, How high are we talking here? Im not exactly tall but my head used to touch the roof and i like my clearance...

Also i want something to do epic mpg in not really a race estate, but surely this does more epic mpg than hdi's?

And lastly would it be likely to explode?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Well although the standard seats are currently sat in Cumbria, they're included in the sale, so you can fit those back in if you want. Poodle can drive it, so they're not silly high, especially as it's a non-sunroof estate so there's extra headroom anyway.

As with all tuned diesels it's capable of epic MPG. I drove it from Kendal to Le Havre on a tank of fuel once, fully loaded with bikes on the back, down all the coastal scenic routes in France too so about 600 miles! But I was driving it very economically..

I can't answer that one, the engine's the best it's ever been with the fresh build and everything, but I still suspect there's gonna be head issues to come in the future if it gets constant hard abuse again. I'm fairly certain I have the solution, but without any testing I'm yet to prove the theory. Come and have a look, let's talk through the options and see what you think.

Thanks given by:
Hmm im quite interested but im a good tank of fuel each way from you lol! Stupid petrols.

There wouldnt be much abuse if any, i want something that will do the mpg so i can save some money, not after a racer, just this estate is awesome/one of a kind/looks great etc.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Straight swap with my estate? Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Absolutely cracking car - whoever gets this is one lucky bastard!
Thanks given by:
Wish i had the cash for this! GLWTS!
Thanks given by:
I think many of us wish we had the cash!!!
JP
Thanks given by:
Hmm need moar pics!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'll sort some more pictures out asap guys Smile

Thanks given by:
Do you want a phase one 6? Part ex...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Pics and details? Unless it's a very clean example I probably won't be interested though..

Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-25466.html
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD parts GT20 oil cooler strictly_perv 26 6,217 11-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Last Post: ginge191
  Breaking gt20 fmic bosch xud padge 32 4,204 03-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Last Post: padge