306 2.0 hdi 16v

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 2.0 hdi 16v
(27-09-2015, 11:31 PM)dashmader Wrote: This turbo is madness compared to gt1852v. I am very pleased

Er yeah! 

Its leaps on from the gt18v
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Good to hear, well done! Can't wait to see some videos up.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-09-2015, 11:31 PM)dashmader Wrote: Very big. At 190km/h I push pedal to the floor and it jumps foward

This turbo is madness compared to gt1852v. I am very pleased

hehe, I bet you're pleased Big Grin Some fair speed that, and still pulling
Thanks given by:
+1 for videos, sounds awesome!

Surely you'll be running out of gears soon enough?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I am at the moment out of gears. A 6th gear would do miracles
Thanks given by:
I think anyone who's owned an HDi will agree with that. I've shifted from 5th to 4th before forgetting it didn't have a 6th lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2015, 02:09 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: I think anyone who's owned an HDi will agree with that. I've shifted from 5th to 4th before forgetting it didn't have a 6th lol

Hate getting into a hdi after driving my meg or the rallye lol  can guarantee a near-miss-shift into reverse at 50mph!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Hello people. Car is ok but clutch still slips bad. 5th gear downhill and it slips.
Maybe beacuse i put only the drive plate??
Could this be a good set up to sort this problem??

http://www.performanceclutch.co.uk/p0/20...407232.htm

Or this organic
http://www.performanceclutch.co.uk/p0/20...232976.htm
Thanks given by:
Any idea on this???anyone? ?
Thanks given by:
Both of those would be ok, I'd probably go for the paddle type with the sort of power you'll be running.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(04-10-2015, 03:52 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Both of those would be ok, I'd probably go for the paddle type with the sort of power you'll be running.
Thanks. I must sort this out before giving more fuel in
Thanks given by:
The helix would probably be ok, it's not rated to the kind of power you're running, but i've seen them hold over 200bhp.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(05-10-2015, 05:52 AM)Poodle Wrote: The helix would probably be ok, it's not rated to the kind of power you're running, but i've seen them hold over 200bhp.
O think the problem also is on the pressure plate. But do you know of any other option?
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2015, 07:04 AM)dashmader Wrote:
(05-10-2015, 05:52 AM)Poodle Wrote: The helix would probably be ok, it's not rated to the kind of power you're running, but i've seen them hold over 200bhp.
O think the problem also is on the pressure plate. But do you know of any other option?

You are already running a ceramic paddle that is slipping?

Can you contact the company and enquire about this? I wouldn't have thought have expected it to slip straight away, in 5th downhill you say?

No doubt Helix can make you a very nice custom clutch to spec that will handle all the power you want, but will be expensive to go down this route if it is not required.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2015, 07:54 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(05-10-2015, 07:04 AM)dashmader Wrote:

You are already running a ceramic paddle that is slipping?

Can you contact the company and enquire about this? I wouldn't have thought have expected it to slip straight away, in 5th downhill you say?

No doubt Helix can make you a very nice custom clutch to spec that will handle all the power you want, but will be expensive to go down this route if it is not required.
Could it be the pressure plate worn out?? I used my LUK pressure plate ( not new but it didn't had too many km on it)

And as I said downhill 5th gear full pedal a rpm goes over the roof lol.

Maybe it need more bedding, more slipping makes bedding faster, no?
Thanks given by:
Recommended bed in for paddle iirc is easy driving for 500 miles - then use normally

Assume you faced off the old pressure plate and flywheel? Not sure you can wear a pressure plate out per say, as long as the springs aren't snapped then should hold same clamping force? Unless they can go 'soft' but never heard of it.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2015, 08:24 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Recommended bed in for paddle iirc is easy driving for 500 miles - then use normally

Assume you faced off the old pressure plate and flywheel? Not sure you can wear a pressure plate out per say, as long as the springs aren't snapped then should hold same clamping force? Unless they can go 'soft' but never heard of it.
Pressure plate had the marks of release bearing. Flywheel and pressure plate where faced yes. 500 miles, I think I am almost there. Will make a few more miles today to see if it goes better and then put file with more mm3
Thanks given by:
The springs on the pressure plate will wear out over time, that's why it's all changed together. Slipping won't help it bed in, more likely to cause some glazing.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
did the machine shop also face off the clamping surface of yhe pressure plate where it bolts on too?

if not then the resurfaced friction area will be lower in the pressure plate and will have a lower clamping force
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
If it gets to the point that it doesn't hold at all, one last attempt could be a really really hard start, get it properly hot. I was about to give up on my cg until i tried this.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(05-10-2015, 07:30 PM)welshpug Wrote: did the machine shop also face off the clamping surface of yhe pressure plate where it bolts on too?

if not then the resurfaced friction area will be lower in the pressure plate and will have a lower clamping force

This is such a common mistake I have seen happen its unreal, can get away with it on a standard car but not when pushing the limits
Thanks given by:
I am making many km today to see if it goes better, if not I will buy a helix pressure plate to see if it holds
Thanks given by:
Still no luck with clutch... I am going to buy a new pressure plate from helix to see if it sorts the problem
Thanks given by:
You never answered our question, did they skim where the bolt holes are in addition to the friction surface on the flywheel? if not you are wasting your time
Thanks given by:
2mm off on bolts surface
Thanks given by:
Strange then, its pretty common to use a standard pressure plate with a paddle friction disc, holds over 400nm no problem for me for 2 years. And I cant imagine that turbo to be a torque monster, its just too big.
Thanks given by:
Hello friends. After many weeks clutch is ok. New custom pressure plate and a new disc too, now its smooth and grip good, no slips
Thanks given by:
Can anybody point ne in the right direction to get stronger rods?
I am trying to find stronger forged rods for my engine. Some one as experience on this, who should I talk to?
Thanks given by:
Zxvolcane had the last lot made up i believe. Good to hear the clutch is holding up.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Robson Engineering.

These are my custom rods.

[Image: 25073975189_9e916750ca_c.jpg]

[Image: 25323182932_398792cd55_c.jpg]
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: