Turbo upgrade

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo upgrade
hi there.
I'm thinking of upgrading the engine in my 2001 1.9D - non turbo, over to a turbo model.
Because the engine never really had a hard time its emissions are really good @ 0.204ppm - only 90K on the clock and I believe it would be a good base.

I was told I can simply bolt on the exhaust manifold & turbo, Pump and inter cooler and the various air pipes, that is all that would be required..... Is there anything I'm missing here.

Also as an alternative - will turning up the pump give me some more grunt? I find the standard diesel Estate is a bit pedestrian once you hit a few motorway hills. My old turbo was a lot faster, It was a 1998 turbo D.

The engines don't look too different to me but perhaps someone knows more out there.... Is this possible?
Thanks all.
Thanks given by:
It would be better to just completely swap in the turbo engine, there are quite a few things that are different with the turbo engines and not worth the faff of swapping the bits onto an N/A

EDIT: Wrong section lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Rods are diffrent along with various other bits. Just swap engine out
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Moved to correct section (from XU to XUD) Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that.
I may plan a winter project - car will be a sleeper.

My old engine preferred to have it's oil on the outside (had 214 K miles on it when I eventually sold her)- was forever topping it up and keeping an eye on it.
But it was great for when people drove up behind you - drop a gear and floor it and the smoke was unbelievable - car was lovingly known as the DB5....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Turbo upgrade Owen_G_ 10 2,604 18-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Last Post: padge
  turbo upgrade td04l ingham66 uk 6 2,546 24-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3
  Good turbo upgrade Rod1TDi 15 2,253 10-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Kwik