Tapatalk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tapatalk
Anyone else use it?

I'm using it at the moment on my phone and it's awful! Posting feels confusing.

Any alternatives anyone can recommend?
Thanks given by:
Think that most members on here use it the only alternative is to use the web browser which is a lot worse to use on your phone.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Tapatalk is alright and pretty near considering it is made just to be compatible with vbulletin style boards. Shame some of the features are a bit hit and miss etc but as a mobile substitute it ain't half bad!
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I use it whenever I'm on my phone, I find it quite simple to use, but I can imagine for a new forum user it could be a little odd, I say stick with it, you'll get used to it. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just use the web browser, always have and see no need to change to Tapatalk.
Thanks given by:
I joined via tapatalk whenever that was seemed ages ago. I use it all the time. Web browser is just for pc in my opinion. Never really had an issue with it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a perseverance thing. No doubt I'll get used to it. Flicking between forums and forum sections seems cumbersome though.
But then again, it's free so can't complain I guess.
Thanks given by:
Ah, see I only ever really use the "timeline" option, which is basically like the "today's posts" button on the full fat site. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tapatalk is the reason i found this site and its easier for me to post up using that from my phone - especially when i'm having trouble.
Thanks given by:
I personally hate Tapatalk. Not only is it crap to use but it really doesn't work with the forum software well at all!
That said, keep an eye out soon as with our next update we will probably have a better alternative Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 12:07 PM)Niall Wrote: I personally hate Tapatalk. Not only is it crap to use but it really doesn't work with the forum software well at all!
That said, keep an eye out soon as with our next update we will probably have a better alternative Wink

Interesting. I set up a golf (walk spoiled) forum (www.ModSquadGolf.com) a while back and chucked taptalk on it. And haven't done anything to it for 2 years. Tapatalk was the one thing people asked for that still gets used.

Would be interested to hear what the latest and greatest is! Not that i'll have time to do any upgrades. Just so i know what people are hassling me for Smile
Thanks given by:
Couldnt get on with tapatalk. Im on Chrome on me phone...only ongoing issue is the post reply button disapears if the post gets larger than reply box.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Only problems i seem to get is logout if i go out of signal while browsing, and sometimes when doing a quote it messes up and doesn't structure the post correctly. Also 80% of the time doesn't show up signatures or any images in signatures (settings are turned on to allow signatures although it does say this can be overridden by messageboard admin/owner. All in all though i find it far more efficient to use while out and about on my phone, although using my laptop as i am now, my god it's so much nicer.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 02:34 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Only problems i seem to get is logout if i go out of signal while browsing, and sometimes when doing a quote it messes up and doesn't structure the post correctly. Also 80% of the time doesn't show up signatures or any images in signatures (settings are turned on to allow signatures although it does say this can be overridden by messageboard admin/owner. All in all though i find it far more efficient to use while out and about on my phone, although using my laptop as i am now, my god it's so much nicer.

Yeh it's no comparison to the browser version on a laptop/desktop. But handy for out and about!
Thanks given by:
Never got used to tapatalk so always used my web browser haha alot easier..just annoying having to zoom in 90% of the time
Thanks given by:
I always use the desktop version of any site (forums, ebay, autotrader etc), not found a mobile one that's better than the desktop version yet!
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 03:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I always use the desktop version of any site (forums, ebay, autotrader etc), not found a mobile one that's better than the desktop version yet!

I'd much rather use the eBay app than the web browser version
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Tapatalk - Interesting front cover!! MisterGTR 6 1,399 17-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  tapatalk 4 kernow_joe 2 1,055 14-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe
  Can't upload piccies from tapatalk Jukie88 8 2,037 31-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Stephen