Need some parts not sure where to buy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some parts not sure where to buy
Need some parts for the motor for when I do everything. Just wondering where to get it all and what your guys opinions are on certain brands etc. Cars a 1.9 xud9t.

After a clutch would usually go luk but seem expensive.
Cambelt kit, normally go gates
Glow plugs
Aux belt

Any suggestions
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Valeo for the clutch
Gates yes, check ebay for some good deals there
Local factors for me is cheapest for aux belts
Glow plugs, bosch/beru are my choice, ebay for them
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ill look into valeo clutchs. The reason I say luk is that they are "oem" standard apprently. Also we fit hundreds at work without issue. We occasionally fit national but we warn customers they are not great. Just really looking at saving some money atm. My bank balance is dier this month but needs to be done.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
i got my full gates kit with tensioners, (with a gates 6groove aux belt) for just under 70,,
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2014, 05:02 PM)toseland Wrote: i got my full gates kit with tensioners, (with a gates 6groove aux belt) for just under 70,,

Thats good actually! Where from
Thanks given by:
ok so im considering getting a national or transmech clutch, anyone had any experience as i have limited funds.
Thanks given by:
A1 autoparts, i spend a fortune in there on parts so i get a little trade price love every now and again..

came with tensioner, idler, and the belt... as well as the aux one.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Have used national before, seemed to be the best. Were in standard cars so im not sure what theyd be like in a tuned car.
Thanks given by:
Luk and valeo are the same thing for the most part, any number have people have paid for one and received the other.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Valeo clutch
Bosch plugs
Peugeot cam belt (especially if still on offer)
Continental aux belt as they are cheap as well as good
Thanks given by:
Ill ring pug today and get some prices. I used to work there so I could probably swing a discount
Thanks given by:
Yeah but get the part number off service box first. Only the cam belt will be a reasonable price from pug. Everything else is extortionate even after discount.
Thanks given by:
Everything was extortionate lol. Never mind I may type part numbers into ebay.later
Thanks given by:
euro part can give good offers too, I have got bits from A1 autoparts, best we have in sunderland.
Thanks given by:
Tbh ECP are usually cheapest but I know you're not a fan of them lol.

Both times I've bought clutches from them they've had a 30% clutch discount code but its not on atm unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
They have something called transmech clutchs. Have any experience with em? They are 65 quid all in at euros
Thanks given by:
Nope, I've always used LUK or Valeo, not sure I'd want to skimp on a clutch given the time to replace it but obviously its up to you.
Thanks given by:
Try the service exchange clutch at Pug, The transmec things are complete ...... and not something I would fit even if supplied by the customer, you pay for what you get
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Id never heard of transmech to be fair. The luk look like the best opption ive wiggled some more discount 77 quid all in for luk one
Thanks given by: