Axle compatibility query

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axle compatibility query
Ay up you lot

I need a rear axle for my phase 3 2000 306 HDI and am hunting around the net for one and i am of the understanding that the following vehicles can donate rear axles;

Peugeot Partner van, 306 & 106
Renault Megane
Citroen Berlingo & saxo

Is that right? Are there anymore i could look at?

I have been advised to get a partner axle if i can because its a bit more solid due to the weight load in the back, which makes sense, im going to go with that so found one on thiefbay that im hoping will fit - its from a 55 plate Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.6 16v petrol, can anyone tell me if that would be ok..?

From what i understand the partner axle is a bit longer than the standard 306 axle but its only a case of a few mm either side and shouldnt cause any issues, if anyone can confirm this that would be great

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I know for a fact 106/saxo ones DONT fit, torsion bar yeah but different mounting points etc.. id say the same for megane aswell tbh.

And theres plenty of cars being broke on here isnt there? Lol
Thanks given by:
Also 306 hdi will have abs as well. Means you cant just put an older axle on no room for abs sensors
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Only an axle off a 306 will bolt to a 306 as they bolt up different ways
Thanks given by:
What he said ^^^^
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nope, you can also fit a Xsara VTS rear beam, but afaik that's the only interchangeable one. Smile
Thanks given by:
cheers lads, so only a 306 and a Xsara are compatible then, does the partner van axle not fit either?
Thanks given by:
Also a citroen zx axle will fit too.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 09:49 AM)Mattinthehat Wrote: cheers lads, so only a 306 and a Xsara are compatible then, does the partner van axle not fit either?

No it doesn't. Completely different unfortunately. Front suspension setup is almost identical to the 306 though
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ok so 306, Citroen Xsara and a ZX for rear axle and Partner for front axle

Nice one guys thanks a lot :-)
Thanks given by:
Just get Xsara VTS beam and front struts...very slight drop and less roll with no reduction in comfort. Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 09:59 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Just get Xsara VTS beam and front struts...very slight drop and less roll with no reduction in comfort. Wink

rear beam with front struts for the back end yeah?
Thanks given by:
Front struts tend to go on the front end... Big Grin There are no struts on the back.

Standard shocks and springs (aka struts) on the front. Torsion beam setup on the rear. Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 09:50 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: Also a citroen zx axle will fit too.

Dunno if any ZX's had ABS though?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CV Boot compatibility Cruiser Al 4 1,303 12-06-2022, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Eibach springs compatibility Jimbo 6 2,431 20-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Jimbo
  Wishbone compatibility KevinTW 14 2,813 26-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Alan_M