Hi, i got a 1996 306 that I inherited from my grandmother who bought it new.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, i got a 1996 306 that I inherited from my grandmother who bought it new.
As the title says i got my 306 from my grandmother and it is pretty banged up. I also recently discovered a nice rust hole over rear left channel. Would appreciate if anyone can share if they had the same problem Angel

Here is a photo of the area that has rusted and ive gathered that is common for this to happen. Can you enlighten me and do i need a whole new panel?
[Image: IMG_0605_zps8c21657d.jpg]

Thank you!
Thanks given by:
Yep, thats a very common spot for them to rust. A good bodyshop should be able to graft in a new piece if you can't do it yourself. I had similar in my old DT, but certainly not to that extent! Wink

Definitely need to make sure its sorted properly though, as its so close to the seatbelt mounting. Smile

Also, welcome to the forum. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 02:01 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Yep, thats a very common spot for them to rust. A good bodyshop should be able to graft in a new piece if you can't do it yourself. I had similar in my old DT, but certainly not to that extent! Wink

Definitely need to make sure its sorted properly though, as its so close to the seatbelt mounting. Smile

Also, welcome to the forum. Big Grin

Yeah, I will consult a bodyshop on pricing. Also the seatbelt was literally hanging on a tiny bit of metal so it is out of the car. Scary knowing ive had the car fully loaded with people at some point. And thanks for the welcome!

[Image: IMG_06091_zpsef9ee4cb.jpg]

The seatbelt with the mounting rusted togheter with the weel arch that rusted away. Tiny bit sticking out was all that was holding it to the car.
Thanks given by:
Welcome. Mine went there too. Its really common. Just cut rthe panel out a phase three one at the scrap yard then get someone to weld in Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Wow thats a pretty epic bit of Rot there!!
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 07:30 AM)af1 Wrote: Wow thats a pretty epic bit of Rot there!!

Yeah, took off the seat and found more along the rubber seal along the door. I will just duct tape up the hole so no cats can sneak in until I can fix it. Dodgy

Thanks for the help! also if anybody knows. The seals on the enginge top cover is "sweating" a bit of oil, can that be a reason for a very oil hungry engine?
Thanks given by:
hello and welcome to the club!

yes its a common problem and that is by far the worst I have ever seen!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1996 d turbo ShaneRotty 4 1,106 19-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Last Post: ShaneRotty