c/c breather filter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
c/c breather filter
I've been looking thru the guides etc as well as the Haynes manual but can not find info in this..........

on the cam cover there are 2 hoses, one returns oil to the crank case I presume and the other, the smaller on at the clutch end of the engine, connects to the air intake pipes............it has a circular impression on the cam cover, suggesting a "filter" lives in there, probably a wire mesh affair??

is this correct?? and is it an available part?? I have a feeling it may be missing on ours??
also is the cam cover gasket available as a separate part?

brilliant forum, I'd be lost with out this place on this car.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if there any sort of filter in there, have removed several HDi cam covers and never noticed one! It's also not a separate part listed on Servicbox at all.

The cam cover gasket is though, PN for that is - 0249 99
Thanks given by:
not reley a filter just a separator and not that good a one at the best of times
Thanks given by:
Think its just a seperator mate
Thanks given by:
so, is there a "wire mesh screen" in there ( in the circular part, which may be missing? but not listed as a separate part, ? ) to form the separator and return oil back ?? there is a lot of oily fumes coming from this when the engine is warm........eng performance is good and oil never seems to need topping up......slight oily mesh by turbo hose......no blue smoke from exhaust....

thankls for the part number tom....will get a gasket and take the cover off and looksee.......maybe it needs cleaning or summut.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breather problems? Eeyore 5 1,579 11-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Toms306