Breather problems?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breather problems?
My oil dip stick keeps blowing out of the holder. After a long journey ill open the bonnet and it will have been blown out an inch or so. Manager at work said it could be that the crank breather was blocked and the pressure had to find somewhere to escape?

Any ideas and where i should be looking?
Thanks given by:
Breather pipes off the head going into the air intake pipes and from the crankcase - probably one is kinked or the one way valve (might be in the rocker cover on a HDi, cant remember) is jammed shut.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Ruan. Ill have a look at some point.

Also the temperature usually sits at about 75 but yesterday it got up to 100. Sunny day and moving at about 5mph for just over an hour. Normal?
Thanks given by:
Your fans don't work Sam....or atleast one doesn't.

Definitely not normal for a diesel to ever hit 100c lol!!
Thanks given by:
o_0. Thought they did work! Why do none of the fans in my cars work!?!?!
Thanks given by:
Well one of them was hanging off lol one of the casualites of the front end I think, so that definitely doesn't work!

Unplug the fan switch (or is it the temp sensor on these? cant remember) to check if either fan comes on....

As for none of the fans in your cars working....you've only owned 306s, that's probably why. Tongue

This is one of your fans....Id assume it doesn't work looking like that lol?

[Image: EstateServiceandPreMOT021.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  c/c breather filter pug306driver 4 1,097 07-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Last Post: pug306driver