Baby on the way, time for an estate! But which one?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby on the way, time for an estate! But which one?
Gonna be a Dad in November, so sadly my mint 306xs is not going to be practical, only got it this year aswell and 64k on the clock. Also changed jobs and now travel nearly 30 miles to work instead of the 5 I was doing up until recently, so all this adds up to me looking to get a diesel estate. What do you guys recommend? I've been looking at 306's but most are on 160k miles plus, and not in good condition, I can only afford what ever I get for my xs, so need to get as much as I can for that. Any other nice estates people recommend? 406 any good?
Thanks given by:
Plenty of decent Hdi estates around for ok money...

That be my choice. Well that and then a xud conversion!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
We have a new born. 3 months now. I've got a 5door poverty spec turbo diesel and Mrs has a proper 3 door dturbo. Never had a problem ferrying about even with tools and extra bits for our mini. No need for an estate
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Defo a 306 HDi or TD estate. You can pick up late meridian spec estates for under £500 in reasonable nick.
Thanks given by:
The pre pd vw's / sokda's so you can run veg oil cheap running and plenty of room if you get an estate.

I'm bias tho I become a dad in October and bought the vw vento in my sig Wink

Thanks given by:
Whatever I do I need to get a diesel as can't afford the petrol, so just thinking a diesel estate will be the way forward, always handy to have a bit more space, will keep looking for an hdi.

(29-06-2014, 08:59 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: The pre pd vw's / sokda's so you can run veg oil cheap running and plenty of room if you get an estate.

I'm bias tho I become a dad in October and bought the vw vento in my sig Wink

I'm a chef so have plenty of veg oil to hand!
Thanks given by:
as above i don't think unless you carry around a lot of stuff that you'll need an estate, i had my 2 kids in a 3 door Citroen AX until i we went on holiday and needed something bigger to carry all our crap *cough* belongings to the orkneys and back
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Mate I'm not being an arsehole but you cant of looked very hard. There is a load of HDi estates on gumtree from about £300-£500 and most are 130k or under (10k per year is fair for the age) there is even some in the cheap tax bracket and with MOT remaining.

There is also a few 1.9d estates in rather reasonable nick with 90k or less again for about the £500 mark.

You need to look harder.
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2014, 09:10 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Mate I'm not being an arsehole but you cant of looked very hard. There is a load of HDi estates on gumtree from about £300-£500 and most are 130k or under (10k per year is fair for the age) there is even some in the cheap tax bracket and with MOT remaining.

There is also a few 1.9d estates in rather reasonable nick with 90k or less again for about the £500 mark.

You need to look harder.

My bad, I'll look harder, only started having a quick look whilst cooking dinner tonight to be honest.
Thanks given by:
Buy an XUD if you have access to free veg, the money you will save can buy your kid loads of good stuff Smile I currently have a 3yr old and an 18yr old and find my XTDT copes ok.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baby car seat! cpikey316_ 21 18,643 12-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Last Post: patrick
  Serious thread...Baby's middle name C.A.R. 27 6,602 25-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam
Wink RE-Employed BABY!!!! JamesG 9 2,908 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Last Post: JamesG