Baby car seat!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby car seat!
Ned to find one! I have no idea what im looking for tbh!!

There are so many!

Can anyone help! needs to fit a 1999 9-3 convertible and a 2000 peugeot 306 5 door.

One that can fit both would be useful!!
Thanks given by:
Yes there are lots lol.

Firstly what's your budget?

Is it needed for a baby and are u wanting to be able to use it as a booster seat when the child is older?
Thanks given by:
Yep there are!

Nothing too expensive (not worth more than the car!)

Needed for as long as possible really! If it can do this!

I am not above buying one for a small baby then a separate one for a large toddler though!
Thanks given by:
What age? I've just got my 9 month old a Recaro young sport seat. 9months 4 years looks cool as fook. Just go to mother care or kiddiecare and get them to test fit some seats for you.

Edit - This one http://www.recaro-cs.com/en/products/chi...sport.html

If you mean a newborn seat I would strongly recommend an isofix base from r both cars because putting the seat belt on can be reet pain.
Thanks given by:
can't recommend the recaro young sport enough! we've got 2 of them now, but before these we had a travel system thing (car seat that clips into a pram) and it was ok for both kids, up until about 12 months
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
You have to have a rear facing one until there 9months or 20lbs! Then you can use a forward facing one! I had a carry one that I had with my pram then got one on kiddicare' which is actually on sale atm £45 down from £95! I was swayed towards the recaro one I must admit!! But the one I have you can put it rear facing and it reclines for a newborn then turn it round and sit up it for an older child! Up to 4years Smile
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stor...0001_14568

Also comes in different colours!

Sian
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
The MaxiCosi ones got our money. May be more expensive but they're solid and have a very high safety rating. Money is no object when it comes to child safety IMO, even if you have to borrow the money...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 06:32 PM)John1.4 Wrote: can't recommend the recaro young sport enough! we've got 2 of them now, but before these we had a travel system thing (car seat that clips into a pram) and it was ok for both kids, up until about 12 months

+1 for me, Charlie loves his recaro, glad I got the last of the black ones...matches the leather
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 09:49 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: The MaxiCosi ones got our money. May be more expensive but they're solid and have a very high safety rating. Money is no object when it comes to child safety IMO, even if you have to borrow the money...

Im with this chap. Beg steal and borrow and get the best one possible. Irs not worth cutting corners just to save a few quid.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Katie actually spotted that kiddiecare one, when it says rear facing, does this mean it sits on the passenger seat?

Im on board with price, not able to spend £400+ unfortunately.

This was advised by the Saab lot,

http://www.mothercare.com/Maxi-Cosi-Cabr...axi%20Cosi
Thanks given by:
Have you bought your pram yet? We got our 0-9mnths car seat with our pram. Then when we got him out the car the car seat clipped into the pram.
Thanks given by:
The one above your post does that Carter, you can get a pram for about £100 for fit the baby seat into!
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 11:14 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Katie actually spotted that kiddiecare one, when it says rear facing, does this mean it sits on the passenger seat?

The baby seat in the travel centre is good for the first 6ish months then you need to look of a seat that covers all the different age groups going forward or you'll have to buy an expensive seat every 6months. The recaro covers all age groups and is forward facing, kids love seeing where they are going and makes car journeys less boring for them and easier for you Winkhope this helps Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Probs gonna do that, get a different one 6-9 months in, that should last.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 11:14 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Katie actually spotted that kiddiecare one, when it says rear facing, does this mean it sits on the passenger seat?

Umh I did with the carry carseat but havent with the other car seat! Purely cos I have two kiddies and have them both in back together! One rear facing and one forward facing the youngest has a mirror there like £7quid from mothercare/kiddicare! It fits on the headrest and you can see them in your rear view mirror Smile one thing I will say is mothercare will weigh your baby and not let you take a carseat away if there not the right age or weight! Good thing with the kiddicare one is it reclines for when they fall asleep Smile my youngest was in her carry carseat up until last week and she was 1 in July purely because she isn't 20lb yet and still so small! But I have the same kiddicare carseat for them both nowSmile
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Started with a MaxiCosi CabrioFix, good quality seat which doesn't break the bank (outs was £100 on discount from Mothercare) only recently has she got big enough to go in her new seat, a MaxiCosi Tobi. Looks massive but loads of space left even in my 3dr 306, she loves it and when she's sleepy it can be reclined. She'll be in that until she's 3 and a half ish!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Payday tomorrow! will probs go to mothercare and get a maxicosi one, plus a buggy frame to put it in! Got this from the Saab forum though

"Several points to make. Travel Systems are NOT good for a baby as the recommended MAXIMUM time in a car seat for a baby is two hours! (drive to shops, do shopping and return can be more than that) I'ts bad for spinal development.

Take a look at rear facing (till age 4...) like the BeSafe Izi Combi. They're not too cheap but they're the safest way for a baby to travel. In Scandanavia they only use rear facing but in the UK we're kinda backwards (geddit?)

Do some research on this and take a look at the various crash tests. It's scary! There is a rear facing centre in MK and we have one you can look at in the Midlands if you want.

The way we look at it is "Baby safety Vs. laziness" Safety wins. "
Thanks given by:
Cabriofix is rear-facing which is essential for the first 9 months of baby's development, after this she can hold her head up.

Travel systems are fine, there are horror stories all the time but I blame this on parents who leave their kid in the thing for too long. When we went to Cornwall we got our daughter out for a cuddle twice during the journey (stopping obviously) just to let her stretch her legs.
Thanks given by:
Update! Been to mothercare today, playing with some different ones. Decided on the following...

Pushchair

Car seat

Thanks for all the replies!
Thanks given by:
I know it's more expense but we were so glad of the ISOfix base for the Cabriofix seat. It's so much easier to get baby in and out of the car, just pull the handle to release and clip it back in on return.
Thanks given by:
As far as finding out the seat car for your baby is concerned there are many. All you need to do is to define your requirements first and then go ahead hunting out for the same. The best bet would be to find out the top performing and popular seat cars for your babies. Remember the basic thing you consider while buying them is to always get from a reputed online store and from a branded name or you may be taken for a ride. The online stores www.carseatvs.com/dofind are though convenient option to choose these products but at the same time can be give you a wrong stuff. Only a reputed and well established online store can promise you quality stuff.

I think Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 with Tiny Fit or Safety 1st All-in-One could match your requirement.
Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 with Tiny Fit
http://www.maxi-cosi.com/us-en/products/...y-fit.aspx
Safety 1st All-in-One
http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgusa/sa...n-cc068bwo
you can also compare the two type by
http://www.carseatvs.com/compare
Thanks given by:
you can find one on the car seat finder the best one to fit both of the cars ...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baby on the way, time for an estate! But which one? tombh7 9 2,293 29-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
  Serious thread...Baby's middle name C.A.R. 27 6,601 25-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam
Wink RE-Employed BABY!!!! JamesG 9 2,905 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Last Post: JamesG