Side skirt removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side skirt removal
Hey guys, I'm picking up some side skirts tomorrow along with a bumper and lights, question I have is how do I get the side skirts off the car? He's not sure how to do it so he asked if I could do it.

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Id like to know this too, you could always have a look on servicebox Smile
Thanks given by:
Rivets along the top under the seal in the door shut need drilling out, rivets all the way along the bottom need drilling out then a plastic clip on the wing and rear quarter which you can just pop out with a flat head.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2014, 04:54 PM)Niall Wrote: Rivets along the top under the seal in the door shut need drilling out, rivets all the way along the bottom need drilling out then a plastic clip on the wing and rear quarter which you can just pop out with a flat head.

Thanks Niall! Just repped you Smile thanks for always helping me out mate

(21-06-2014, 04:54 PM)Niall Wrote: Rivets along the top under the seal in the door shut need drilling out, rivets all the way along the bottom need drilling out then a plastic clip on the wing and rear quarter which you can just pop out with a flat head.

Do you know what size drill bit I need roughly? Don't want to get their and find out I have the wrong size haha
Thanks given by:
Cant remember off the top of my head but a 5 or 6mm should do it. They are stupidly soft so chnces are you can drill them out then just smash the head off if the drill bit isn't big enough
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(21-06-2014, 06:23 PM)Niall Wrote: Cant remember off the top of my head but a 5 or 6mm should do it. They are stupidly soft so chnces are you can drill them out then just smash the head off if the drill bit isn't big enough

Thanks mate I'll put my drill on charge tonight Smile
Thanks given by:
I used a 6mm to do it...I hate drilling rivets though, always seem to get them off centre, get frustrated with it and end up smashing the heads off with a flat blade and hammer haha. Not sure why they couldn't just screw them tbh.
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2014, 08:25 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I used a 6mm to do it...I hate drilling rivets though, always seem to get them off centre, get frustrated with it and end up smashing the heads off with a flat blade and hammer haha. Not sure why they couldn't just screw them tbh.

Yeah I don't particularly want to rivet them in once I spray and fit them but think it will be the best way of securing them
Thanks given by:
You could glue them on with tiger seal or something, save having to redo the rivets.
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2014, 08:53 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You could glue them on with tiger seal or something, save having to redo the rivets.

Could do actually save me drilling holes in my car
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't tiger seal them. Don't forget they can collect crap under there and rust the sills away so you want to be able to remove them to check and repair.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(22-06-2014, 10:02 AM)Niall Wrote: I wouldn't tiger seal them. Don't forget they can collect crap under there and rust the sills away so you want to be able to remove them to check and repair.

Ah okay looks like I'm drilling holes in my car haha, I'll paint the drill holes so they don't rust
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side skirt extensions and rear diffuser side pieces Slam Wagon 38 6,048 19-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Do I need to remove my side skirt to take wing off Moh 9 2,023 30-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Connor
  Door hitting skirt Daniel306 8 1,460 06-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Daniel306