POTM - Picture of The Month

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTM - Picture of The Month
Has this been done before on the forum?
I see COTM has been done but thats a bit different
Would be nice to have this running with a different theme for each month like a few other car forums have with a poll for the winning photo/car etc
Thanks given by:
One rule would have to be 'must be correct way up'...so looks like you're out of luck... lol

But yeah I think this has been tried, like most competitions people get bored quickly and they only last a few months lol.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2014, 08:33 AM)Toms306 Wrote: One rule would have to be 'must be correct way up'...so looks like you're out of luck... lol

But yeah I think this has been tried, like most competitions people get bored quickly and they only last a few months lol.

Thanks Tom.. (that any better :p)
I have many other photos of the Rallye at my disposal (that are the right way up haha)
Yeah I suppose so, maybe worth another shot now that weve got a few more new members
Thanks given by:
COTM was sometimes run as POTM but nobody kept up the monumental task of organising it once I stopped being staff. Also half the time it wasnt getting alot of interest.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2014, 10:21 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: COTM was sometimes run as POTM but nobody kept up the monumental task of organising it once I stopped being staff. Also half the time it wasnt getting alot of interest.

Oh right I see, thanks for the info
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2014, 08:35 AM)MY95 Wrote: Thanks Tom.. (that any better :p)

Much better, how hard was that. Tongue

Back on topic... The problem I find with POTM is that the guys with expensive cameras will always have the best pictures compared to those of us with a budget camera phone. That means a lot of people wont bother, and the ones that do have the nice cameras are already posting awesome pictures on their project threads.

We did have a pic challenge thread a while back, like a pic of your car next to a red phone box or something, but eventually people run out of ideas for new challenges and lose interest there as well.
Thanks given by:
I've got a great " you can't park it there mate" but I really can't post it publicly on the internet.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2014, 12:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Back on topic... The problem I find with POTM is that the guys with expensive cameras will always have the best pictures compared to those of us with a budget camera phone. That means a lot of people wont bother, and the ones that do have the nice cameras are already posting awesome pictures on their project threads.

Actually, I think you'll find the ones which captured the best memory or atmosphere were generally the winner... Regardless of photographic "quality".

It's nice to have a capable camera, but "The best camera is the one that's with you".

Wink
Thanks given by:
That's not true at all, I always have my phone on me....but I think carrying a potato would achieve better results! lol

I do see what you mean, but when its a choice between the grainy out of focus one or an epic clear macro shot from someone like yourself it's not a tough choice...maybe that's just me though.
Thanks given by:
For the old COTM/POTM I KNOW that some of the winners were done on camera phones.
Thanks given by:
Only COTM thread I've seen it out of date? Is there something regularly running that's updated I've missed? If not surely we can get something going, with a proper poll and people post their pics etc.
Thanks given by:
Believe it or not Car of the month was run every month (the clue is in the name) for about a year. If you use the search function you'll probably find most or all of them. As I said above it fell by the wayside when I stopped being staff I assume because, like so many things, the staff don't have time between busy personal lives or work or pure CBA if your a cynic.

The reason one of the old threads is stickied is one of the new staff did it accidentally and then never undid it and this forum rarely has the stickys cleaned.
Thanks given by:
I'll make another attempt at reviving the picture challenge thread Smile
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  POTM ???? 7057sam 1 834 06-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  So it's just over a month away...... Niall 38 8,346 17-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Pompey306mark