kkk turbo wastegate adjustment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kkk turbo wastegate adjustment
Hi,

Just had a peek underneath the 309 and had a look at what turbo its running it looks to be the kkk from looking at the wastegate..

I know how to adjust these wastegates but i was just wondering if it is possible to run an MBC on these?

Thanks,

Lewis
Thanks given by:
you can yes but it's difficult as it's a metal pipe you need to cut, don't bother, i made 135bhp on a k14, just nearly close the wastegate all the way Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
i am just worried about intake temps at the moment Matt, probably wont be able to see that kind of boost and power with having no intercooler unless I am planning on cooking something Sad , boost gauge has been ordered anyway so i can be a bit safer
Thanks given by:
yeah foe sho, you need some intercooler loving before that Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I just wound my k14 in all the way

Then controlled boost by fuel. Had it setup just right at 24psi before I scrapped it for parts
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have wound mine in all the way now I think , the screw doesn't want to go any further... My boost compensator is all the way out and there isn't much smoke on boost at all? Would it be worth winding the max fuel out a little bit more? And what happens if the spring in the boost compensator is taking out?

I have mucked about with the Lucas before but didn't really go as far because I went straight into a Bosch
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T2 wastegate arm AdamInNi 4 1,373 02-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Dave
  welded wastegate help daveylennon93 16 3,791 31-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  T2 wastegate pbell283 20 4,455 06-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Last Post: toseland