205 Dturbo- now NAD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 Dturbo- now NAD
the sieve idea works great for keeping large, damaging things out of the turbo intake like stones, leaves, children, pets etc lol

Why leave flexi ducting on it?? I have literally nothing on there, I appear to be building another engine so couldn't really give 2 shits about the state of the bores on the current one lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
What sorta power do people reckon the cars making?
Specs

Gov'd bosch (reaches 5900 but starts loosing boost at 5100)
heavily ground LDA
FMIC
27/psi in 5th but it has no wastegate
no boxes in the zorst

I reckon 135bhp roughly?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Id say 135 is a pessimistic target! You made more than that on your lucas'd 306 didnt you?

My guess would be nearer 145hp Smile
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Id say 135 is a pessimistic target! You made more than that on your lucas'd 306 didnt you?

The car made 143 but the graph seems a bit sus looking back as that was 100% standard car appart from the fueling.

I find it really hard to tell as the speedo's not workin Sad
It is bloody quick for what it is though and the short ratio box is much better now it's been gov modded, still hasn't been "ragged up" by any other car yet whistle she likes smoking VAG's
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:The car made 143 but the graph seems a bit sus looking back as that was 100% standard car appart from the fueling.

It is bloody quick for what it is though and the short ratio box is much better now it's been gov modded, still hasn't been "ragged up" by any other car yet whistle she likes smoking VAGaygay's

lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
strictly_derv Wrote:The car made 143 but the graph seems a bit sus looking back as that was 100% standard car appart from the fueling.

It is bloody quick for what it is though and the short ratio box is much better now it's been gov modded, still hasn't been "ragged up" by any other car yet whistle she likes smoking VAGaygay's

lol

I didn't write that! :think:
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Good project mate! Bet this thing flys! Loving the wheels too.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
epic! It looks great and i love the black arches!
Thanks given by:
i have just been fiddling with my Bosch again and i'm now running 24psi ish and it is pretty quick now, so I can't imagine how awesome your much lighter car is in comparison! Bet it puts a big smile on your face!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the comments Smile

Well if Dans predictions right the car will be pushing around 160bhp per tonne so yeah it goes well
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Get the big turbo on there then you should be looking at easily 160+ when you get it running right....................
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:What sorta power do people reckon the cars making?
Specs

heavily ground LDA
FMIC
no boxes in the zorst

I reckon 135bhp roughly?

My old sldt used to be about the same

Bosch on VEG
Max fuel all the way in till just short of the point where it shoots the idle to 3k
Gov shimmed 3.2mm (4 washers) Went past 6k but was well out of the power band by 5300
Lightly ground LDA
FMIC
DWG T2 hitting 30psi
straight through zorst
ebay induction kit

I reckoned it was over 150bhp
Thanks given by:
^^ it wasn't, not on a T2 and stock 9mm pump...............
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:What sorta power do people reckon the cars making?
Specs

heavily ground LDA
FMIC
no boxes in the zorst

I reckon 135bhp roughly?
look at my sig down there VVVVV should give you an idea . . .:-)
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:Id say 135 is a pessimistic target! You made more than that on your lucas'd 306 didnt you?

The car made 143 but the graph seems a bit sus looking back as that was 100% standard car appart from the fueling.

my rover is about 143 bhp so thats good going for yours max! 143 horsepower in a car that size is vicious.
Thanks given by:
The car is pretty vicious. In the wet it will spin in any gear on boost. I drove my sisters 90bhp Saxo the otherday and it really shows the how much faster this car is. 145bhp sounds fair.

Thinking of getting one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230679247668? ... 2279wt_989

Would this be okay for my car? Can't remember the size of the fuel hose's going into the filter, does anyone know? It's raining outside and don't wanna get wet lol
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Wouldnt get that, check ginges project and get the inline filter he has just bought!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
how much notes has this project set you back??

always wanted a xud9 205 project
Project 205 D turbo- Reshell : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28909
Thanks given by:
Not alot really, wont go into great detail but the engine was about £140. It's mainly the little things that have bulked up the price, esp as I'm always upgrading the upgraded if you get what I mean.
Must say though it has to be running around 140bhp as so far it's managed to gain slightly on an Audi S4 Avant 2.7 v6 twin turbo with 270bhp, Mercs CLS 320 CDI (quite easily pulled from that which didn't make him happy one bit!) A4 TSFI thingy. Basically loves making a mockery from German cars as they weigh nearly twice the weight!

Since I've ground the LDA pin I've noticed there's been a fair bit of on boost smoke as it hits a wall at 27psi which I thinks down to the wastegate opening up. It's quite an aggressive grind. So I turned down the fuel nearly 3/4 of a turn which has cleared it up now. So got plenty for the K04 to keep me happy.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
f*cking car! Decided not to start at work today, so had to walk home, only a mile or so. It's getting air in the fuel at the filter housing. So tomorow i'm going to get an in-line filter and ditch that shitty housing. :evil:
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
How did you grind your LDA pin, like which part did you grind/how much etc? Got any photos? Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0753.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0754.jpg]

Just done the top pretty much, it's from a rover, much better design. Dont look pretty but works well. The standard one's still better than most ground 306 ones tbh
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
BTW it's only that shape due to using a bench grinder and i've checked it, it doesn't go past the most inward point.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Fair bit of travel there! Smile At least it comes right out at the bottom for minimum fuel though, thats the important bit to have which alot of people miss when they grind pins.

Have you modified the LDA lever/ground inside the pump to allow the dowel to use the extra travel on the LDA pin? If not you might end up with a leaky seal...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, been ground to the last MM or so lol

No I've put a couple of washers so it will reach lower at boost but it does sacrifice boost.
I've got a couple spare Bosch tops, might have to have a tinker with them. If you've got any tips feel free to P.M Confusedhifty:

Didn't realise quite how much the LDA helps till the boost feed had come off the pump, must of lost a good 20% of power. I'm still thinking of doing my solenoid activated LDA cut-off idea. I've found out some cars have solenoids for turbo's so they would be better for the job.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
If youve got a few spare bosch tops, then whip the LDA lid off, then look down the hole where the lda pin goes, then push the little lever inside the lid so that the dowel pops out into the hole you are looking down, and you'l see it only comes out about half way. Once you look at it and think about it its obvious what needs modifying, although you will need something a bit smaller/more dlicate than a bench grinder lol
Thanks given by:
Love this car a massive amount, bet it absolutely flys too! And 205s are so fun to drive!

Mines the 1.8 D turbo, on a bosch and kkk and it seems fairly fast, shows what a difference having a lightweight car makes

My friend has a 205 rallye with an mi16 engine dyno'd at 189bhp, and that is something else entirely amazingly fast so fun leaving much newer cars behind!

Keep up the good work!
Thanks given by:
That lda pin looks funky! Lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think I know what you mean now Dan.
Thanks stephenraymond606 i'm currently limited to 27psi due to the wastegate actuator spring opening Sad

Sadly after that breakdown it had to be towed home and the tow hook damaged the lower valance so I've put the standard one back on while I get enough spare cash for a proper re-spray. While it was off I removed the yellow tint film which was peeling and swapped the grill for another non broken one with a silver badge. She's looking pretty 'standard' now but I do quite like the new look.
[Image: IMAG0871.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0873.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0874.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0875.jpg]

Also one as that bloody filter housing was leaking again causing the break down, I decided to change the filter set-up to a filter for an Audi TT (thanks to Gunge for the tip).

Looks odd now!
[Image: IMAG0869.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0870.jpg]
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Really liking it mate the vag fuel filters are pretty good the standard jobby is awful the housing always leaks.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by: