Going Big Blower (GT2259s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going Big Blower (GT2259s)
Evenin all. After gaining some enthusiasm to get my GT2259s blower on before PugFest I think I should probs do the conrods for HDI ones whilst I do the head gasket (much needed).

Where can I get an MLS gasket from
Will I be OK on standard head bolts for now? If not I have some Volvo T5 brand new ones same thread and length but dont know about tensile strength and torque stretch etc. Cant afford ARPs ATM

Will be making up flanges and pipework etc on saturday to go over box as well as battery reloc. Pictures to go up in my theodore sleeper build thread

What HDI rods wold you reccomend DW10 or 12? and 16v?

Cheers! will
Thanks given by:
Are you building a XUD9 or 7?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Victor reinz is a popular brand to go for. I have fitted it as well as many others on here. I got the head gasket, set and bolts for about £75
Thanks given by:
xud 7 undortunately. darren said that HDI rods will still work but obviously head gasket will be different. What thickness should I go for as standard or do I want to reduce the compression ratio a bit
Thanks given by:
I would suggest a skim, so a gasket dependant on how much skim is done. Shame you cant drop a XUD9 lump in there.

Isnt Sam selling a fully rebuilt XUD9 lump, ready to go and running? Maybe a cheaper alternative?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I really wanna see my old turbo on the xud7 can just imagine the bang as the boost kicks in Wink will be nice to see what it can do tho but I carnt see the engine lasting long Big Grin

Thanks given by:
i went for the 3+1+1 repair gasket, there is still a LOT of room left in the head after it was machined, but i figured more boost should mean lower compression slightly, i think its 1.59 thickness.

there is a kit on ebay with bolts, for £50 odd posted, ordered thursday afternoon and paid for, had it on the doorstep on friday morning,

not sure what the rules are for linking ebay etc but if you search XUD9 head gasket, its the guys from the gasket shop
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I thought the xud 9 one won't fit?
Thanks given by:
Yeah you may find its just easier to drop in an XUD9, especially when you consider the manifold issues with the vac/pas pump on them, otherwise it's a change the cam and try and get out the oil feed bolt for the xud9 vac pump, purely so you can run the fmic inlet...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I have a spare inlet manifold the same as my current so will tig in a piece of tube to the front.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  turbo gt2259s niciou 8 2,474 08-03-2016, 02:23 AM
Last Post: Dave