£995 - 306 5dr DTurbo HDi Moonstone T&T

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale: £995 - 306 5dr DTurbo HDi Moonstone T&T
5dr HDi DTurbo - Project thread and pics here... http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-23380.html
MOT January 2015
Tax end Oct 2014
126k miles on engine and clocks, around 20k more miles on chassis.

Engine -
126k mileage replacement after previous 151k engine had cambelt failure
Cambelt done on new engine at 88k plus some history
De-EGR
De-AC with shorter aux belt
Uprated gear linkages
Low mileage clutch
New clutch cable and fork bushes (clutch as light as you're gonna get on a HDi!)
New oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, stat, coolant etc when engine changed.
JP stage 1+ remap (can remove and put standard map back on if buyer wants)
No faults from PP2K
Done 650 miles from a full tank so far so around 55mpg

Suspension -
GTi rear beam as standard
GTi front ARB as standard
Xsara VTS front shocks and springs for a good ride and height
Good used wishbones fitted when engine changed

Exterior -
Will come with standard chrome exhaust tip, not the powerflow in the pics
Cyclones with good treaded tyres
Splitter and spoiler as standard
Aerotwins and Xsara jets
Decent bodywork
Pressed plates

Interior -
Half leather Meridian seat upgrade
Rockford Fosgate door speakers
Sony Bluetooth headunit
ALL electrics work, no door loom faults!

Bad Points -

The rust on the front edge of bonnet - would be easiest to replace with good bonnet
Slight dent on NS wing - I can include a moonstone wing in the sale
Lacquer peel on front bumper - may be fixable as the paint is good, its the most solid 306 bumper I've seen tbh with no cracks or anything!
Some scuffs on the cyclones
Oil level gauge hasn't worked since the change, its never bothered me though
Drivers seat height adjuster moves when you sit down, doesn't move again though so hasn't bothered me either.
Probably things I've missed....its a 306 afterall lol.

[Image: IMAG3713_zpsf32bd3f1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3716_zpsec991ec5.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3714_zpsf41ae1a1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3718_zps3f742af6.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3717_zps90fd8bc3.jpg]

Located in Ipswich

£995 OVNO

Feel free to PM any questions or offers - no chocolate though. Wink

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
No interest at all?
Thanks given by:
Open to offers if its too much? Not northern offers though lol.
Thanks given by:
No-one?
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2014, 09:23 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Open to offers if its too much? Not northern offers though lol.

hahahaha . . . . .don't worry, we don't pay southern prices . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 11:42 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(10-06-2014, 09:23 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Open to offers if its too much? Not northern offers though lol.

hahahaha . . . . .don't worry, we don't pay southern prices . .lol

lol It seems like Southerners don't want to pay either tbh!

Not sure why though? Its DTurbo spec so gets the suspension/aesthetics of the '6, has 5 doors for practicality, Meridian seats for comfort and the right engine for economy as well as a load of new parts.....cant get much better than that! Wink
Thanks given by:
I think the off putting part (for me at least) is the list of defects. And the price which doesn't really match it. And it's 5 door
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
They're not really defects though, I'm just more honest than most. Wink I bet it'd be on ebay as 'mint' in all honesty, I've bought 'mint' ones with many more defects.

If they were bad I'd have sorted them. Only thing that annoys me is the rust bubble on the bonnet...but it's not exactly dangerous lol and a bonnet costs £20, I just have trouble travelling for one. I bet you wont even see the dent in the wing (its the nearside wing, theres a close up on the other thread) and as said I can throw a moonstone wing in anyway. The oil level gauge...well if anyone actually trusts that anyway they're a fool lol. And some scuffs on the 'clones....find me an original mint set lol.

The price is open to offers, as I've said.

Also moved the pics over here, in case people are too lazy to look at the thread lol. Would rather this went to someone on here that'll appreciate/look after it but if no-one wants it, it'll probably just get PX'd with the nice bits removed tbh.
Thanks given by:
maybe more offers tom if price was lower is a bit steep never paid close to that for a 306 now days and i have bought some good ones..

why complaining about northern offers i like making them Wink

tried it on ebay as classfied ad?
Thanks given by:
When peeps say mine isnt worth over a grand.....

Seems pricey? Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
agreed with piggy it is just a tad too expensive espically for where you are as most people wont travel to you for bits..

there is a w reg moonstone 3 door with mot and tax till december with stage 1 remap up for £450 with usual fancy bits so does make yours expensive, no offence :/
Thanks given by:
Just think the engine n clocks swap may put people off too unless you got lots of mileage receipts n proof etc.

Although there is a 3dr Dturbo HDi in moonstone not far from me...guy wants £1650. And its basically standard!!!
I did lol at him!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 05:14 PM)mspdan Wrote: maybe more offers tom if price was lower is a bit steep never paid close to that for a 306 now days and i have bought some good ones..

why complaining about northern offers i like making them Wink

tried it on ebay as classfied ad?

There is a built in haggling tolerance with the pricing, as people always want money off lol. I don't think a grand with t&t would be overpriced in all honesty. It needs nothing mechanically at all. Its also got a new lift pump and crank pulley so the main failure parts have been done.

Haven't tried ebay, partly because I know 'normal' people wont appreciate it....just the word 'remap' puts people off instantly. Plus ebay are robbing bastards lol, after fees I ended up with less than scrap value for the 106....which the buyer still hasn't bothered to collect a week later...

(13-06-2014, 05:18 PM)Piggy Wrote: When peeps say mine isnt worth over a grand.....

Seems pricey? Undecided

Are they really worth so little now? Going back to 306s was definitely the biggest mistake I've made this year! Confused

(13-06-2014, 05:20 PM)mspdan Wrote: agreed with piggy it is just a tad too expensive espically for where you are as most people wont travel to you for bits..

there is a w reg moonstone 3 door with mot and tax till december with stage 1 remap up for £450 with usual fancy bits so does make yours expensive, no offence :/

Travel isn't an issue, I can organise a car courier.

I wouldn't let it go for £450....would rather burn it than let someone take it for that. lol Id guess that's a high miler or something though?

(13-06-2014, 05:23 PM)Piggy Wrote: Just think the engine n clocks swap may put people off too unless you got lots of mileage receipts n proof etc.

Although there is a 3dr Dturbo HDi in moonstone not far from me...guy wants £1650. And its basically standard!!!
I did lol at him!!

Proof of what? I have receipts for servicing inc cambelt for the new engine as it came from a mint and running low mileage rear ended 306 that I broke, its not just a random scrap yard find lol. I also kept receipts for all parts I fitted to it. Clocks were swapped so the receipts/history make sense. Original clocks can be included if needed. I realise the swap will put off randomers, which is why Im asking on here first.

Is that 3dr a Y reg? A low mileage standard Y plate would be worth well over a grand tbh, not quite that much, but Im sure theres an inbuilt haggling amount in that.

If anyone is genuinely interested, please do make an offer, its obviously worth a lot less than I anticipated so I don't know what its worth to you?
Thanks given by:
Tom...
The bad bits dont need to be listed, just state age related marks. Maybe the rust on bonnet can be mentioned but the rest if just you being picky.
Why bother doing a engine change and mot change cambelt while your there with it out?
Maybe it is a tidy car, but its a but over priced for what it is. Imo id say about £900ono.
Mine was fairly tidy with 110k miles loads of paperwork, 1 family owner and id just done cam belt for the sale to get more interest. I think I was lucky to get £925 for mine.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why change a belt that's only been on a year and a half? Glad I didn't waste money changing it now anyway lol.

As said, I'm open to offers, but it doesn't look like anyones interested anyway.
Thanks given by:
Yeah but in a year and half its done 40k miles, for the ease of it and knowing its done. Id of done it my self personally.

If I was you id lower the price.
My dads just paid £450 for a Y reg 5 dolr moonstone HDI, meridian in decent condition and on 140k miles.
You can pick them up pretty cheap just lately.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Would the cambelt make any difference to the price now though? Doubt it. And it was supposed to be a quick fix and sell car....but then I remembered how much more practical 5 doors were lol.

Wish I hadn't fixed it if that's all its worth now, will be losing out yet again! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2014, 10:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Would the cambelt make any difference to the price now though? Doubt it. And it was supposed to be a quick fix and sell car....but then I remembered how much more practical 5 doors were lol.

Wish I hadn't fixed it if that's all its worth now, will be losing out yet again! Dodgy

Im not saying thats what its worth. But just drop the price to lets say £950 ono and get it on facebook sites that are cars for under a grand.
I know the work you have done will be good because your so fussy abkut.your cars.

Cam belt dont really do much to price but if your saw 2 car similar in everyway and price, one had cam belt done a couple years ago and the other was done pretty recently which would you buy? :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, though I still don't see why someone wouldn't offer £950 if that's what they thought it was worth lol.

I'm not on facebook now, never had much luck with selling on those anyway though tbf. If they wont take it as PX I'll probably just have to chuck it on ebay. Used my free ads on Gumtree now as well unfortunately.

Oh and in that scenario I'd go for the one that hadn't had the cambelt done at all at a much higher price because that'd be the closest one to me... Dodgy lol
Thanks given by:
Right, definitely decided this is going within the next two weeks. If you're interested and want to make an offer PM me. I won't bump this anymore. It'll go on ebay at the end of the week. Smile
Thanks given by:
To be far tom I paid 1300 for mine which is a 5 door dturbo hdi in absolutely mint and I mean not absolutely mark on it with 1 owner from new fsh and a year old belt and it had 62k on the clock so it does seem on the steep side in my opinion, if that's what it's worth to you though then why bloody not try and sell it for that Smile
Thanks given by:
Its not really worth much to me lol, cant use 2 cars at once...its what its worth other people that I really don't know. So I'd rather go in a bit high than price low and do myself out... Smile
Thanks given by:
In all honesty when anyone posts a car for sale on this forum for what its actually worth everyone jumps on the bandwagon too tell them its worth half what theyre asking.

Best of sticking it on ebay and you will actually get that asking price. they are selling well on ebay at the moment anmd commanding a good price.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
im just offering this to a friend of mine. Smile going to have to start taking commision on your cars when i sell them Wink
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Right, I should be getting the replacement next week! (As long as this one doesn't fall through like the last!)

So the HDi is back up for £995 taxed and tested which I think is very reasonable considering the work that has been done recently (rather than buying one for £800 and having to spend £300 and a load of time on it lol Wink ). Obviously it can't be taken until I've got the replacement though.
Thanks given by:
Just put deposit on a new car, so I will be SORNing this today....if anyone would like it and wants the tax left on it, let me know asap! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
This will be cleaned and returned to standard then put on ebay within the next week. Would really rather it went to someone here though!
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 08:15 AM)Toms306 Wrote: This will be cleaned and returned to standard then put on ebay within the next week. Would really rather it went to someone here though!

Is this still for sale?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, open to offers... Smile

Still taxed as well atm.

Standard exhaust is back on though and rattling agaist something, will try and sort it at some point though.
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2014, 12:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yeah, open to offers... Smile

Still taxed as well atm.

Standard exhaust is back on though and rattling agaist something, will try and sort it at some point though.

Just PM'd you Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2001 HDi DTurbo Moonstone Blue - £900 ONO C.A.R. 33 11,256 25-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  FOR SALE: Moonstone HDi DTurbo! T&T. £895 ONO!! Toms306 54 9,946 27-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Toms306