Anyone know anything about Mondeos?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know anything about Mondeos?
(30-05-2014, 09:47 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Nothing like smoke or dodgy idle? The fact that they could die 10 minutes into ownership is worrying

But then they may last years!

The TDCi's tend to be pretty smoky anyway, same as the Jag X types with the Mondeo engine...not sure if its something to do with the EGRs sticking or DPF getting blocked maybe? These have both DMF and DPF unfortunately. If you want to avoid a DPF, go for a CDTi or a PD engine at the same age.

As for failing in 10 minutes or 10 years, that's the same with any car.... When you bought the HDi the crank pulley could've fallen apart and snapped the belts on your way home. This is just the luck of the draw with used cars unfortunately. Sad
Thanks given by:
In answer to the title... They're made by Ford lol ... Yeah im going Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Right, I sense a bit of confusion here.

The Mk3 Mondildos in 2.0 and 2.2 trim are the ZSD420/2 "Puma" engine - basically a tarted up transit engine, cam chain, Delphi commonrail system... Horrific engines, rattly, noisy, unreliable, massive commonrail, egr & dmf problems. Also put in the Jaguar X-Type - bears no relation to the PSA engines - these were designed before the joint venture.

Look like this:

[Image: ford_mondeo_2.0_tdci_engine-20130109-103611.jpg]

The Mk4 Mondeos had the 1.8 engine (still based on the old school Endura-D engine) but with commonrail. The 2.0s and 2.2s are DW10/DW12 Peugeot 16v HDis rebadged to be a TDCi. The 'orrible ZSD engine never went into a Mk4 mondeo, it's still in Transits and Landrover Defenders.

The 16v DW looks like this:

[Image: bg41372353283qxba.jpg]

Easy to tell due to the big inlet manifold hanging down the front of the engine.

The Mk4 2.0 TDCis (DW10) often didn't have DPFs until quite late in Ford applications, I've seen a Focus on a 57 plate with the same engine without a DPF, my V50 uses the same engine, is a 2005 and doesn't have one... DMF seems to be pretty reliable until about 130k - but the clutch is going then anyway. Only usual problem is the warping air doser valve sometimes sticking and causing really rough starting.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Mondeo = WIN!
Thanks given by: