lowering the torsion bar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lowering the torsion bar
hi peps i see people are saying to pull out the anti roll bar then the torsion bars but is that needed or can you just pull out the torsion bars???
Thanks given by:
You.wonet get the bars out without removing anti roll bat first. Take a look in guides section abour lowering Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yes you need to remove the ARB first. What's the issue though, that's the easy bit?
Thanks given by:
Just trying to save time lol do you know what size bolt I need to pull the arb out
Thanks given by:
M12x1.5. You're best off reading the guide, it has everything you need in it.
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate and where is the guide I'm new to the site
Thanks given by:
xud headbolt is the right size - or rear caliper bolt that holds the carrier to the hub is also the right size (and possibly handy if you're doing a disc beam too)
Thanks given by:
Cheers it on my hdi estate which is rear discs
Thanks given by:
before and after
[attachment=16442][attachment=16443][attachment=16444][attachment=16445][attachment=16446]
Thanks given by:
That's pretty low!
Thanks given by:
Did you remember to put your bars back in?
Thanks given by:
What broke?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that's a bit too low tbh, looks like it's broken and dragging it's arse around like a dog with worms! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nothing broke and it does sit about level, can't see the point in only half lowering a car lol
Thanks given by:
I think the point is to lower them not that much so that there not sitting on the bump stops and ride horrible
Thanks given by:
Still clearance from bump stops and is a softer ride then my 16v and seems to corner ok so I'm happy
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2014, 07:46 AM)fubs Wrote: Nothing broke and it does sit about level, can't see the point in only half lowering a car lol

You've only lowered the rear half though. Undecided
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:
looked low enough before!

level sucks, rake FTW
Thanks given by:
Front is dropped but now it settled think I'll pull it down a bit more
Thanks given by:
if you're happy that's what matters, personally i think it looks broke too and for me the front should always be lower than the back Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
the cops are gunna think you have a safe in the back.......a "puller" if there ever was one.....I was worried about mine being low ( it has a tow bar on the back so has had a hardf life ) but seeing you pics I not any more.......
Thanks given by:
I got front set of 60mm lowering springs for my 306 , do I have to get new shocks aswell or will the standard once do?
Thanks given by:
60mm is a bit much a standard shocks.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Agreed 60mm is a bit much on standard shocks. But saying that im running standard shocks and 60 atm untill I can afford shocks
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowering a torsion bar, nick method... GP123 28 16,771 22-09-2021, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Alan_M
  torsion bar lowering south east? connorp 1 1,173 26-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Last Post: toseland
  Torsion bar lowering Porty 4 1,644 14-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Porty