1998 306 meridian 1.4 near concourse condition
Wait, so their like mine? Mine arent soft Sad
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Damn they look fine lol

And yes unfortunately Sad

typical, when bought it was sold as being the top spec available on a 1.4
and was supposed to be the last of the Meridian 306's... until they started making them again a few months later.

doorcards not soft touch, they feel nice and you can play noughts and crosses on them though Big Grin

as for the price, if anyone wants to make an offer...
Thanks given by:
Thats just french logic lmao

how can you play noughts and crosses? lol

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing it'll be like suede, where you if you brush the fabric the opposite direction it appears as a line until you smooth it again Wink

This looks like a mint example, good luck with the sale Smile
Thanks given by:
I cant believe how good a condition it is! its such a shame its not a ph3, would be worth a fair whack

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
why is the phase 3 worth so much more?
they never look as good as the phase 2 to me.
Thanks given by:
IMO the whole bodyshape is nice, sideskirts for example, hense why mines slowly being changed to ph3

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Matrix MG Wrote:why is the phase 3 worth so much more?

Colour coded all round, nicer (imo) front bumper with round fogs, different rear bumper with chrome exhaust tip and cut out, cleaner bootlid with no bottom black srtip and no window rubber, sideskirts as standard, crystal clear headlights and indicators, interior is better too with silver dash, etc.

It may well have been top spec when you bought it.....but I'm afraid a '99 phase 3 meridian has a hell of a lot more spec standard and looks newer too, they could still be made today tbh!
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:They're velour not suede BTW.

And yes, ac and fogs were standard on all except really basic models! Half leathers, leather 4 spoke wheel, colour coded bits, auto wipers are all on ph3 meridians. Better specced than a lot of modern cars lol!

The door cards are the same as mine and yeah they are a faint black/grey check pattern velour.

A/C wasn't standard though Tom, it was an optional extra as was the sunroof and you normally find they have one or the other fitted but there are a few about with both, and I don't like the 4 spoke wheel, prefer the 3 spoke one Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:They're velour not suede BTW.

And yes, ac and fogs were standard on all except really basic models! Half leathers, leather 4 spoke wheel, colour coded bits, auto wipers are all on ph3 meridians. Better specced than a lot of modern cars lol!

The door cards are the same as mine and yeah they are a faint black/grey check pattern velour.

A/C wasn't standard though Tom, it was an optional extra as was the sunroof and you normally find they have one or the other fitted but there are a few about with both, and I don't like the 4 spoke wheel, prefer the 3 spoke one Tongue

Oh I thought it was one or the other as standard lol if you see what I mean, never seen one with niether!

I have a 3 spoke in the golf, I miss the meridian 4 spoke! Sad
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Oh I thought it was one or the other as standard lol if you see what I mean, never seen one with niether!

I'm not sure if you got one or the other standard but you said that all but the poverty ones had A/C as standard, and they don't Big Grin who would want it anyway, the ones that still work are few and far between anyway lol

Anyhoo, GLWTS :dance:
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I think mine still works Wink

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Oh I thought it was one or the other as standard lol if you see what I mean, never seen one with niether!

I'm not sure if you got one or the other standard but you said that all but the poverty ones had A/C as standard, and they don't Big Grin who would want it anyway, the ones that still work are few and far between anyway lol

Anyhoo, GLWTS :dance:

Yeah fair enough, I worded that wrong haha!

And I liked it...it worked in all 3 of my meridians! Big Grin And the leccy sunroof even worked in the miami (shit and pov spec so no ac Tongue ) Cool

306 ac is nowhere near as cold as the golf one though even after a regas...froze my bollocks off trying it on the golf.....wont be turning that on again! lol
Thanks given by:
[Image: no-golf-sign.jpg]
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
lmao

No golf even when I'm saying the 306 was better!? Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:lmao

"306 ac is nowhere near as cold as the golf one though even after a regas...froze my bollocks off trying it on the golf."

:roll: . . . . .. .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
all 306 aircon is shit lol

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:lmao

"306 ac is nowhere near as cold as the golf one though even after a regas...froze my bollocks off trying it on the golf."

:roll: . . . . .. .

Yeah its too bloody cold! The 306 one was just right after a regas lol. Smile
Thanks given by:
lols. aircon still works, does strain the likkle engine at times though. Sad

Toms306 Wrote:
Matrix MG Wrote:why is the phase 3 worth so much more?

Colour coded all round, nicer (imo) front bumper with round fogs, different rear bumper with chrome exhaust tip and cut out, cleaner bootlid with no bottom black srtip and no window rubber, sideskirts as standard, crystal clear headlights and indicators, interior is better too with silver dash, etc.

It may well have been top spec when you bought it.....but I'm afraid a '99 phase 3 meridian has a hell of a lot more spec standard and looks newer too, they could still be made today tbh!

hmm... other than the colour coding and sideskirts, that's pretty much a list of everything i don't like about the phase 3. :?

oh and the doorcards don't have pattern on them, just solid charcoal colour.

we still open to offers. :pray:
Thanks given by:
![/quote]

hmm... other than the colour coding and sideskirts, that's pretty much a list of everything i don't like about the phase 3. :?

oh and the doorcards don't have pattern on them, just solid charcoal colour.

we still open to offers. :pray:[/quote]
sounds like the perfect car for you then . . . lmao
Thanks given by:
Matrix MG Wrote:oh and the doorcards don't have pattern on them, just solid charcoal colour.

I think you will find that they do.............they will be a really fine check pattern or black and dark grey as I said as mine as the same Wink

can even see it on your pic -

[Image: IMG_3668.jpg]

GLWTS though Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Matrix MG Wrote:oh and the doorcards don't have pattern on them, just solid charcoal colour.

I think you will find that they do.............they will be a really fine check pattern or black and dark grey as I said as mine as the same Wink

can even see it on your pic -

GLWTS though Smile

lol. just had a check and was coming back to ammend hoping no-one had seen it. Doh caught out.
Thanks given by:
Too slow Tongue nice try at being sneaky though lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Lovely car! Wish there were still a few like this about! Hardly poverty spec at Meridian level, GLX, LX and L are still below it technically although my GLX was better specced (was a 1.8 though)
If you hold out you may get a grand for it! Good luck mate
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
cheers, think it'll end up on ebay, if it does i'll link here for anyone still looking.
Thanks given by:
Matrix MG Wrote:cheers, think it'll end up on ebay, if it does i'll link here for anyone still looking.

Have you tried gumtree? Atleast thats free......ebay like to take lots of money for thier service!
Thanks given by:
INXS Wrote:Hardly poverty spec at Meridian level, GLX, LX and L are still below it technically although my GLX was better specced (was a 1.8 though)

It is.....

Maybe not when he bought it, but I wouldn't want a pov spec meridian like that (no offence OP). Obviously different phases have different spec levels but still using the same trim name. Same with my golf....I had a supposedly top spec GT TDI...which was really pov spec.....I now have another top spec GT TDI a year newer, and this one is actually top spec lol.

GLX was a weird spec, had good spec except cloth seats iirc?
Thanks given by:
car now sold, someone we know got T-boned in her Kack at a junction, and has decided to upgrade as her car has been written off.
only person to come and look at it without instantly saying "it's too old" and has gone off to gather funds.
thanks for the somewhat amusing input, if i ever have need of a pug forum again i'll be back to ask your advice. Smile
Thanks given by:
come on then how much?? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well done on the sale, cheers for signing up and posting Smile Glad to hear the people spamming your topic (I've only just seen this again) haven't scared you off! Send the new owner our way in case they need any help with anything or if they have any questions.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blaze GTI '6 1998 (91k) DeeTurbo 0 1,231 29-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  1998 106 gti (ruby) Stef205 0 1,321 22-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Stef205
  1998 306 Meridian DT Lowish mileage ArmzSC6 1 1,354 28-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Last Post: ArmzSC6