306 hdi Coolant leak from temperature sensor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi Coolant leak from temperature sensor
Can anyone advise me on a leak I have from a blue plug temp sensor on the right hand side of the engine block?

Its located on the left hand side of the air filter box under the plastic intake pipe.

I got an o ring from the dealer (£3.50)!!!!!! And it looks like its just held in the a circlip. I just wanted to check before starting and loosing all of the coolant which has only just been replaced

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Be real careful removing that clip if the housing is black plastic (some are metal) the plastic snapped on mine, not fun to fix!
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2014, 10:11 AM)tigerstyle Wrote: Be real careful removing that clip if the housing is black plastic (some are metal) the plastic snapped on mine, not fun to fix!

I thought id take a photo because my discription is a bit poor. Is this what I need to be careful of?
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22633.html

Yup
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2014, 11:34 AM)tigerstyle Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22633.html

Yup

So how is the best way to prise the clip out?
Thanks given by:
I'm just gonna say carefully, I think I broke mine when waggling it a bit to get the sensor out.
If you focus on just removing the clip squatley and carefully I'm sure it'll be fine.
Thanks given by:
Im thinking for an extra tenner I might as well swap it for the sensor as well I can guarantee if I just solve the leak the sensor will go straight after
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enough of a leak to be a concerning boost leak? MY95 27 3,990 14-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Coolant sensor happypug 8 1,510 11-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Josh1994
  Coolant temp sensor MartinL 2 985 23-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Last Post: MartinL