Coolant sensor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coolant sensor
Hi guys.
  Does anyone have a pic of the coolant temp sensor on hdi engine?  I would like to unplug it to check if both fans run ok.  What colour is it, brown or blue and where is it situated, on thermostat housing?   My fans never kick in, relay probs as well?     
     Thanks Huh
Thanks given by:
It's blue and on the water 'tank' behind the stat. On a 2001 you will have a plastci 'tank' though, and they go brittle and like to crack which are a huge pain to change so be careful lol!!

I wouldn't expect HDi fans to kick in anyway though, how high is the temp getting?
Thanks given by:
itz green for the ecu Tongue

brown is fans if it has ac, blue fpr gauge and warning light, though if its like three plug saxo it might not have the blue one and the ecu sends the temp gauge signal and controls fan iirc.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
You know this is a HDi right... It's one sensor and its blue. Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeah mine was mounted on the right hand side of the thermostat housing. There is one on the plastic expansion tank as well but I think that is a level sensor.
Thanks given by:
That is indeed a level sensor on the expansion tank.
Thanks given by:
Seems like mine is broke. I drove without it plugged in for ages by accident after doing work on the car and it never said it was low haha
Thanks given by:
Lol, nevermind, if you leak enough for it to come on you're gonna notice a puddle or steam anyway. lol
Thanks given by: JTaylor2005
Needed this info, mine gas a few problems.. One need to change that sensor, then to change the throttle pedal sensor and the get thay bloody wiring loom fixed since February lol.. Still goes but still overheats with the fans kicking I'm when started from cold..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coolant temp sensor MartinL 2 971 23-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Last Post: MartinL
  306 hdi Coolant leak from temperature sensor scfc_151 6 1,623 24-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Last Post: scfc_151