Pressurising Coolant.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressurising Coolant.
If you can engine out. Makes clearance a non issue
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
andnif I cant get the engine out im guessing subframe off is the next easiest bet?
Thanks given by:
Mine came out via slam panel so I couldn't honestly tell you. Maybe someone else can?
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
I thought i would just put this question here instead of starting a new thread.

6 months ago i had my timing belt and water pump changed and initially had problems with blowing header tank cap seals and loss of coolant. 2 caps later and lots of flushing and it didnt blow the seal again but ever since i will have a tiny leak out the overflow after a long drive / rag.

There were signs of oil in the header and radiator so i changed the oil cooler and had the radiator cleaned out. But to this day it still does it.

There is no pressure in the radiator pipes, no hissing overflow when i remove the cap and no overheating.

Any ideas? Going to get a sniff test done to be sure
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Okay so the HG didnt show any signs of failure with the sniff test. Think the coolant is seeping past the header tank cap seal again but this is the 3rd cap ive used and its brand new from pug 6 months ago.

What is causing the seals to blow? Oil still in there from oil cooler failure?
Thanks given by:
Using genuine cap or factor part? I've just bought an alfa with same symptoms, did sniff test was ok, changed cap from aftermarket to genuine and it's fine.. cheap car for me lol
Thanks given by:
No genuine peugeot item
Thanks given by: