Damo's Stage 1 Hdi (DEAD)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damo's Stage 1 Hdi (DEAD)
So finally decided to start posting about whats been happening so ill start from the beginning.

I bought a y reg hdi for £250 locally from a lad who thought the car was knackered,(its for the gf......well thats what i told her) bodywork is a bit tatty but cant fault it for the price....( ive seen worse) thankfully i took jimbo with me and he advised me the problem could be abottom pulley and a droplink.
Got the car back and in the following couple of days frosty and jimbo helped fix the problem with my first upgrade to a solid bottom pulley( btw please correct me if i get stuff wrong im no mechanic)
They then went on to fit a new driveshaft and anti roll bar bushes as they tbh were pretty much gone! All went well and all knocks and bangs were cured for next to nothing due to the bays having spare bits, whilst there we decided to upgrade to a powerflow backbox i had lying around (looked better but didnt add alot of noise)

Since then i have driven the car daily and she is lovely now, so after about a week i decided it was time to start doing a few things. Fitted a air filter purely to make a bit of noise and tinted the rear lights, very pleased with how much the lights changed the look very simple but very effective!

Today was mot day so took it to the station ( failed her first but passed her second :-) ) decided to de-cat whilst there, well after the mot obviously. but it didnt make any noise difference, took the system off from centre box and put a straight thru pipe on which jimbo supplied for me, now it sounds lovely and roars up the street. One final thing for today i managed to get my 306oc stickers on as i thought she was finally worthy of them.

Next plans are to get some wheels as im currently on 15inch steels and get a new rear axle and start to lower it! If i have enough money planning on a stage 1+ remap aswell.
I will post pics when i get a chance as i cant atm
Thanks given by:
Pics mate Wink
She is a beaut for the price mind
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Absolute bargain mate! As said, get some pics up Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
The car has cost me a total of £370 and has now got 12 months mot and 6 months tax not bad as the tax itself was £77! I will upload pictures when possible, o and she is china blue
Thanks given by:
So here we go
Tbh its been a while what with starting a new job and things.

To the car, the Hdi has changed a hell of a lot recently. First off I managed to get a nice cheap reconditioned axle from Jimbo which went onto the car lowered, also had the front springs off of him to get the front down aswell. Then went with a new spoiler, after that on we went to map it. Got a stage 1 map on to it which im very impressed with.

Last night I managed to finally get some wheels, got a set of cyclones in white. I think they go quite well with the car.
Next things on the list are, the interior change as I have a set of half leathers. Pressed plates and remove the badges. Money being the only issue atm holding me back

[attachment=21614][attachment=21613][attachment=21612][attachment=21615]
Thanks given by:
Finally some pics Damo. Looking good bey
Thanks given by:
Looking good on the 'clones, how much have you lowered it? Looks pretty low at the back
Thanks given by:
Looking great dude Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I'd recommend losing the knob filter before it kills your maf, it's not a question of if, it's when.

Looks like you got an absolute bargain, very shiny! Any plans beyond the interior?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
In the picture it's sat on a hill on the handbrake so looks a lot lower.
Filter was really just spare of the moment doesn't seem to make any difference so yer when I get round to it ill remove it.

When I have a bit more money I'm going to have to put a clutch in it as since the map it is a bit sensitive. I think a splitter would look good on the front aswell so that's in the plans
Thanks given by:
Yeah, talking from experience, remaps tend to push old clutches over edge. Mine started slowly going a week after i had a stage 1 map
Thanks given by:
It slips occasionally but nothing major at the moment just have to be careful.
Thanks given by:
Mines slipping also since mapping it, however its perfectly driveable and does hold once you get some Heat in it
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah exactly that, i gave my clutch abuse for a week thinking it was screwed and needed replacing, but after a few days it just decided it was going to grip again, was then fine for 20,000 miles including a few bits of track time.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm not holding to much hope for the clutch as the car was used on a farm for a while and it having a tow bar the clutch was probably abused.
Only time will tell I suppose ☺
Thanks given by:
Looking good Damo hope the clutch holds lol looks so much better on them wheels 
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
to be honest i wasnt sure if they would suit. but love the look now they are on
Thanks given by:
transformed the car ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Nothing major to update but yesterday the alternator gave up.
Big thanks like usual to Jimbo as he had a spare one for me and also gave up his spare time to repair it.
Whilst trying to remove it (which to say the least was a pain in the ass) we removed the oil filter to get it out. So decided to give it a oil and filter change as I have no history with the car. The oil was just a sludge coming out as we drained it.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=21655]

Needs these wheels jus sayin
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 12:59 PM)rd070707 Wrote: Needs these wheels jus sayin

is this because u want rid of them ;-)
Thanks given by:
Im looking them gone yes, would do a good deal for clones
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so its the end of the hdi. some sort of issue with the steering/gearbox, along with a knackered clutch.
Fortunately I bought a xud for £50 recently so that is currently on the road until I find something else as that was my donor car for my partner van engine swap
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2015, 10:05 PM)Damo Wrote: so its the end of the hdi. some sort of issue with the steering/gearbox, along with a knackered clutch.
Fortunately I bought a xud for £50 recently so that is currently on the road until I find something else as that was my donor car for my partner van engine swap

what sort of issue!?

Steering/gearbox are related...but more like second cousin related... 

whats up with it!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The car has felt slightly unstable for a while now. But just recently the misses has had a few times where going up a hill she suddenly gets a lot of violent shaking through the steering wheel and a terrible noise coming from the engine.
Tbh the car has cost me about 400 pound in all since April last year when I bought it and that includes the 300 I paid for it. So what with my two children being in this car daily it just seemed more sensible to take it off the road As I have a car that's fully working with no issues to replace it with.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,964 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6