Auto tensioner removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto tensioner removal
Is it literally the Allen key in the middle holding it on? I got aircon on my hdi does that make any difference?

Also this is for the auxiliary belt
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Yep its just the Allan bolt. Release the belt tension with a 15mm spanner on the bolt head first.

Most HDis do have air con but it will make a difference to tensioners/belt size.
Thanks given by:
Thank you looks like I'll be doing this Tuesday as mine is super noisy. Looks tight on clearance though lol
Thanks given by:
Yea it's a bitch of a job, it's right in line with the chassis leg so there is no clearance to get a socket in there (unless you had a really, really shallow socket/ratchet or the correct (6mm iirc) bit and a 1/4" ratchet spanner). I had to do it in the dark with a sodding Allen key and it was a nightmare!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Ok morning job it is lol
Thanks given by:
Just as a thought can you uprate just the pulley?
Thanks given by:
All done some tips for ya.

1)To improve access jack drivers side up get a jack under engine and remove top mount

2)Is a 15mm on the bolt and push back to lock it can use a small allen key to lock it off and I can't remember the allen key size to get the bolt holding it to engine lol

3) If like mine the actual spring bit had gone but the pulley is good save it as you can't buy them separately can only get complete unit
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto tensioner shervo 15 3,486 07-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Last Post: titch