This whole Jeremy Clarkson news thing.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This whole Jeremy Clarkson news thing.
Has anyone here seen the footage of where the alleged word is said? I've looked and the 4 clips not once could I hear the word clearly. He blatantly did everything he could to mumble the word that's clear but what do we think? Very controversial as on one side we have the fact he was conscious of the word and muttered it so it wasn't audible but on another side we have that maybe he should never have risked using the word at all.

I personally find him funny and I know he isn't always warmly welcomed by some but there's rumour of him to be sacked from the bbc (I.e topgear) but I believe that he is genuine in not meaning to have the word broadcasted as he mumbled it purposely and when listening back that he thought the word could still be slightly audible (which I disagree I couldn't make out the word and never knew that nursery rhyme actually entailed that word) and that his apology that the word could be heard is genuine.

What do we all think?

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5251764
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Personally, i think its just some excuse to try and make him look bad. I heard the clip of the alleged word on the radio yesterday (preceded by a warning that it could cause offence), and imo its quite clear that he had no intention of actually using the word, but you COULD say that it sounded a bit like he did say it.

He's said sorry, he didnt intend for it to happen, now move on.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2014, 11:32 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Personally, i think its just some excuse to try and make him look bad. I heard the clip of the alleged word on the radio yesterday (preceded by a warning that it could cause offence), and imo its quite clear that he had no intention of actually using the word, but you COULD say that it sounded a bit like he did say it.

He's said sorry, he didnt intend for it to happen, now move on.

I would've only known the word mumbled was that word after knowing the word to look out for though but that's what I think.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
it was a bloody out take that was never broadcast anyway!
Thanks given by:
Its just complete nonsense in my opinion, but thats what they call news these days. lol

(03-05-2014, 11:37 AM)welshpug Wrote: it was a bloody out take that was never broadcast anyway!

Exactly, i don't see what the big deal is!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Exactly guys I wanna know how it came up light anyway

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I can hear loud and clear, clear as a mumble can get. If you imagine the n word before watching, it would fit.

But, what if you told everyone he said ginger before they listened, People would start hearing the word ginger instead. It's mind games.

Someone has decided, after all this time, that they think it sounds like N*gger. So they've decided to stir shit up.

I like Jeremy, tbh. He is witty, if you read his articles in TopGear magazine you get sensible opinions too.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Exactly my point there's also the problem he's already made a few controversial remarks in his past already (eg the lorry drivers murdering prostitutes etc) but this one is really sifting through the sand to find something to pin on him.

(03-05-2014, 11:40 AM)Martin306 Wrote: But, what if you told everyone he said ginger before they listened, People would start hearing the word ginger instead. It's mind games.

This. Definitely.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
The fact that it's such an old clip (aired in the uk 2 years ago) and it offended nobody then but now that the yanks have seen it...and they came up with that word!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
if he does get sacked i will loose all faith in humanity, i dont see why they are making such a big deal out of it now when i'm pretty sure the series in which he said it was a year or 2 ago now (i think)
Thanks given by:
Some sly jobsworth got hold of the tape and guessing they didn't have the most positive look on Jeremy. I won't be watching top gear without him, not supporting watch ratings for it with an attitude of sacking him for such mediocrity.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Piers Morgan.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2014, 12:16 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Piers Morgan.

Yup he's already chimed in with calling him "tv toast" I loathe that man!

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(03-05-2014, 12:19 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 12:16 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Piers Morgan.

Yup he's already chimed in with calling him "tv toast" I loathe that man!

He's likely the cause of all this.
Thanks given by:
It's only a word anyway.... If people choose to get offended by words it's their problem! Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
I think all this is nonsense!! Yeah ok in that video is does sound like he says it but why did bbc decide to air that one? Anddddd what about when a 'mixed race' person calls us white people a honkey or a white boy, is that not classed as racist as they don't like being called nigga or black boy!! It does my f*cking head in!! Vote UKIP!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
To be fair though, he is a right wing, nationalist lady garden! I think this is all a bit out of proportion though.

Oh, and for the love of god DON'T VOTE UKIP. Please. They're a bunch of racist morons who understand nothing about politics or economics.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I don't think he says nigger when I listened to it, I thought it sounded more like minnow like my dad used to say (always thought that was weird as minnows don't have toes) but even if he does say nigger in one outtake that was never broadcast its not fair to brand him a racist for it as in the context it is just a word that fits a rhyme and when he was young and learnt that rhyme it was probably still acceptable to say nigger. The world has changed alot in the last 60 years and we now live in a society where kids aren't allowed to sing ba ba black sheep in schools in case it offends people.
Thanks given by:
He said it like 2 years ago who gives a shit? Daily mail just doing there thing i think.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I think this applies
[Image: TG-complaint-letter_zpsznier0w7.jpg]
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
its stupid IMO . i think the bbc are more to blame than clarckson for letting it get out

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
What annoys me more is all the stupid facebook pages that keep getting shared.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What a waste of time and energy over nothing.

If people dont like Topgear and Jeremy...then dont bloody watch it!!!

Theres much bigger issues in the world. People need to wise up, grow up and get a life.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Very true. Political correctness overbearing everything and anything. Had a quick look at his twitter feed while sat bored in the van mixed views but the usual amount of press bullshit posts attempting to provoke a response. I have a few black friends (few as there doesn't appear to be many living around these parts no clue why) and they said the use of n****r doesn't faze them unless used in offence direct at them. They take no offence to what Jeremy said just that he should've been more cautious not to have attempted to push the boundaries and not even mumbled the word. I agree would've been far better for him but hey that's hindsight for you.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
this ting is just plain wrong. What I don't get is this damn witchhunt it's done and dusted leave it be.

He didn't even say it offensively. people taking things and trying to spin them bad annoys me.

And Razorback what you said it's doesn't faze me most of my boys call me nigs lol. But you can blatantly tell when people mean it offensively. I hate when people tell me I should be offended but hey they in my head know my mindset and my life experiences and I know nothing lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Piers Morgan is jus jelly cos he got axed from US telly.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
would there be a up roar if lets say trevor mcdonald dropped or mumbled the N bomb....i think not lol

just another witch hunt against jezzer imo
Thanks given by:

Best apology ever! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks like he's had a stroke in that.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  206 & 306 on New Clarkson Show Eeyore 10 2,043 12-03-2016, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Matt