Not ideal...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not ideal...
lol What, buy a 6 and then purchase a turbo off ebay? Ohhh you want to see one fitted too!
Thanks given by:
I will of course offer my help in this project that WILL happen!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
doooo itt scott! just pinch a t2 of the dt crew and your onlo a low boost tubo gti6 winner Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Want a k14 or a k03? I have both lying around ninja
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
This shit is really pissing me off now. The lack of communication from Highway has been terrible. I wrote an email to them last night essentially telling them to f*ck their couch and give me a proper valuation. Their initial valuation was little over the trade value of the car, so said that I neither work in the trade, nor would I be buying at trade price, so why they've offered me this is beyond me, and the purpose of the payout is to put me in a position to buy the same vehicle from a reputable dealer. Basically reminded them the purpose of insurance since they seem to have forgotten, then linked a number of vehicles in the region of £2,600 to £3,400, which is much more fitting with the Glass's guide.

Anyway, called up Brentacre today to enquire about changing my policy for the new vehicle, and despite having around 20% less power and being a lower insurance group, the f*ckers had the cheek to tell me it would be more expensive, by £55. Absolutely ridiculous, some fucker crashes into my parked car, I'm in no way at fault, yet I have to pay more to insure a vehicle which should be around £200 less. They also included an admin fee in this, so I shall be ringing up tomorrow to speak to a manager and tell them to change my policy and give me money back, and to shove their admin fee up their arses. If they think I'm paying to change my policy because I was forced to buy a new car after mine was written off, they will be told to f*ck their couch in no less words.

Rant over. Potentially getting my new car tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Scott insurance is a shit like that. Even if your not at fault, your policy still goes up because apparently your more likely to have an accident then.
It's shit and unfair but that's life!

Oh and I know why your new car is mor expensive but won't go into that here ninja
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm with Brentacre, and they've always been great when I change cars (and I should know!), they never charge me an admin fee and the price has always been realistic. It went up a lot going from the Golf to the Octavia, about £40 a month I think, but for 115bhp and £500 value to 180bhp and £2000 I don't think thats bad...

So what's the car then? A '6?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I think the guy I spoke to just wanted to get off the phone since it was 4.53 and he wanted to start packing up for the day Hmm Considering the power limit I'll be dropping to is considerably lower, the car has a slightly lower top speed and is a lower insurance group, it just doesn't really make sense to me.

I know Niall, I know that in theory I drive in a 'higher risk' area, but it's not really a case of just being life when your insurance company is doing all it can to financially ra*e you. Trying to charge an admin fee to change the vehicle on my policy as a result of circumstance rather than just generally buying a new car, is just taking the piss!

I'm actually considering contacting the FSA regarding Highway's handling of my claim. I've had next to no contact from them other than when I have got on the phone to them to find out what they're playing at. I received the bullshit offer cheque today in the post, conveniently it doesn't mention how to dispute the valuation, thankfully I asked them for it outright.
Thanks given by:
I would complain and yeah they shouldn't be charging you to change the car!
Tbh I would of thought the new car would be a higher group as the 406 was a bit of a old mans car!
If I was you, tell them to FYC majorly and insure the new car with a new company.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Actually I'd not considered the new groupings, but I know on the old ones at least the V6 was group 18, which is higher than the new one :?
Thanks given by:
The cars haven't shifted about in groupings. It's just they've added more groups. There is a way to work it out but if your new car has gone up for example by 15 groups, the 496 would of gone up by 15 groups.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
FINALLY got some resolution with this today. Last week a guy called up from Highway and was a lot more sound, and was much more reasonable in terms of hearing what I had to say about the car, and finding out all the aspects of the history, so I made a bit of progress with getting the value re-reviewed.

He called back today and offered me £2k! So that's good, but I wanted more and figured he was prepared to give me more as well, so I spent some more time on the phone to him and mentioned that I hadn't been able to claim back my 2 full months tax that were left, and that realistically if I was selling privately I'd be expecting no less than £2,250. 'As a goodwill gesture' and in order to get it resolved today, he increased the offer to £2,100 Big Grin So I've got a nice cheque for the remaining £800 coming later this week, so I'm much happier and it's one less thing on my mind and one less company to be arguing with lol

It was nearing the point where I was going to start billing them an hourly rate on top of the valuation, for all the time I've spent on the phone to them, emailing them, writing letters, and would continue to call every day until they resolved it in my favour.
Thanks given by:
Result!

The worrying thing is though that the majority of people wouldn't have the balls to refuse a first offer, how much money do you think the insurance market makes by undervaluing cars?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know! It's disgusting, they offered me another £200 within seconds of me refusing the price. The guy offered me £1,100 and I laughed and said I was expecting a lot more than that, and instantly he said "Oh well the engineer's valued it at £1,300 so I can go up to that maximum". WTAF - Why where they not offering me the correct valuation in the first place? Cheeky lady gardens
Thanks given by:
W-anchors the lot of them !
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
I got offered £280 for the Golf, ended up with £700 Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Ideal 306 PartyJas 39 6,199 03-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Last Post: RetroPug