Do I need a new clutch?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need a new clutch?
Want to replace my clutch at the end of the month but before I spend loads of money getting it done I want to make sure it needs replacing.

These are the issues I'm having:

When I pull away it's a little slow and doesn't have a strong pull.

And when I'm accelerating quickly the revs pick up but my speed doesn't.

Is this definitely in need of a new clutch?

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it, yeah.
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 11:19 PM)Curt Wrote: Sounds like it, yeah.

Cool I'll get it done the end of the month Smile
Thanks given by:
Is there clearance in the clutch pedal? If its solid from the top could be the clutch cable as there self adjustin. Seen this on a partner and was causin clutch to slip.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 08:43 AM)daveylennon93 Wrote: Is there clearance in the clutch pedal? If its solid from the top could be the clutch cable as there self adjustin. Seen this on a partner and was causin clutch to slip.

The pedal is hard from top to bottom, I'm going to get the cable replaced at the same time
Thanks given by:
Clutch might be fine so, could be just the cable. If i was you id get the cable done then see if its alryt. Save a few ££££

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
When you do change the clutch, replace the clutch fork bushes as well.
Thanks given by:
Hmm dunno if it's worth getting the clutch and the cable done so at least I know it has a brand new clutch for me to start driving with
Thanks given by: