Nathan's 1.4 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nathan's 1.4 306
Thought i might as well put a project thread up Smile This is my little 1.4 its my very first car and i love it Smile

Here she is:
[attachment=15605]

[attachment=15606]

i've done a few little bits here and there to give it a little more appeal first thing was fitting the speakers that were in the boot of my car when i bought it, and de-badged it which i think makes it look a whole lot better! just need to get the residue off.

[attachment=15607]

[attachment=15608]

My facia was looking very sad with peeling paint and scratches everywhere so i gave it a quick respray i know it isn't the best but i just wanted to get some colour on there to give it a bit more life. I'm going to get a new one at some point and respray it all properly as this one is chipped on some corners.

Primer Stage:
[attachment=15610]

[attachment=15611]

[attachment=15612]

Top Coat:
[attachment=15613]

[attachment=15614]

[attachment=15615]

And fitted:
[attachment=15616]

Its not the best quality paint job but as i sad its just a quick job until i get a better condition one Smile

soon to be added is a cone filter courtesy of Matt. And to finish fitting my exhaust.

hope to update this as often as i can, let me know what you guys think i should do in the future for it and what you think of it. All comments welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks a nice colour on interior plastics, car looks tidy from the pics
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 08:08 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Looks a nice colour on interior plastics, car looks tidy from the pics

thanks mate Smile its Audi Quartz Grey
Thanks given by:
Looks good nathan

Really like the centre console colour Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 08:34 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looks good nathan

Really like the centre console colour Smile

thank you Smile I'm gonna do my next centre console this colour too
Thanks given by:
Good work. Spraying my centre console was one of the first things i did!
Thanks given by:
Good job you have carried out there mate,well done looks nice ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys! Smile going to buy another one at some point at do a better job
Thanks given by:
ran into an issue a couple of days ago with my window switches, i found the issue was the little speakers that are in the door pillar area, these were wired in wrong and was causing my door loom to stop working. so i removed them as they weren't working anyway and hey presto the widows work again! Smile

Removed the door card to see if there were any breaks in the wiring but nothing was out of the ordinary
[attachment=15656]

But having the door card off aloud me too see that the speaker in the door pillar wasn't connected properly so i removed them both from driver and passenger side and tested the window switches and they work!
[attachment=15657]
[attachment=15658]

These are the culprit to the windows not working
[attachment=15659]

So another job complete for the day Smile
Thanks given by:
Successfully de-wipered my car without smashing the glass Smile
Thanks given by:
Coming along great for a first car.
Personally if I was you id of hidden your 6x9s under your parcel shelf, that's whets I have mine hidden. Looks a bit note fresh imo but still have the sound.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 12:22 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Coming along great for a first car.
Personally if I was you id of hidden your 6x9s under your parcel shelf, that's whets I have mine hidden. Looks a bit note fresh imo but still have the sound.

Thanks man Smile and yeah I wish I did that now :/ I may have to get a new parcel shelf and redo it. First time I've fitted speakers
Thanks given by:
I have to cut a bit of my parcel shelf, then screw small bits of wood to it and then screw my speakers to the wood.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 12:39 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I have to cut a bit of my parcel shelf, then screw small bits of wood to it and then screw my speakers to the wood.

That's a good idea Smile I'll have to try that when I find a parcel shelf
Thanks given by:
It's also a thief magnet.

I have no idea about your speakers, but I believe some aftermarket ones do actually fit in the standard baskets, or can do with some modification to them.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2014, 03:52 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
It's also a thief magnet.

I have no idea about your speakers, but I believe some aftermarket ones do actually fit in the standard baskets, or can do with some modification to them.

yeah i am worried about the window being smashed so i may get a new parcel shelf and some round speakers so they fit better

Bit more progress today Smile i have a leaky pipe so thought id tackle it today, this is the pipe that was leaking. I have no idea what its for though haha

[attachment=15725]

This is the issue with the pipe, the end was split and all chewed up so i cut the end off and put it all back together and now no more leaks! Big Grin

[attachment=15726]
Thanks given by:
Coolant heater matrix pipe, look how much space there is behind the TU!

nice tidy machine you have there sir Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 01:35 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Coolant heater matrix pipe, look how much space there is behind the TU!

nice tidy machine you have there sir Smile

Oh nice Smile and thank you sir, sadly I have a problem my boot wot open.. :/ was fine yesterday but now when I push the button in nothing happens, is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thanks given by:
Nice and tidy, keep it that way Smile

Agree about the parcel shelf speakers though, they look very out of place there. Someone above said that you can remove the standard speakers from their cradle but I've never managed it, they look like they're just clipped on but when I tried to separate them it felt more like they were going to break free....
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 02:36 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Nice and tidy, keep it that way Smile

Agree about the parcel shelf speakers though, they look very out of place there. Someone above said that you can remove the standard speakers from their cradle but I've never managed it, they look like they're just clipped on but when I tried to separate them it felt more like they were going to break free....

Yeah it never had the original rear speakers, I'm going to get another parcel shelf and some round speakers and fit them underneath Smile keep the clean look going
Thanks given by:
had an eventful day today on the car Smile first of all my boot wouldn't open so i had to figure out what was up with that, i had to unbolt the catch thing to actually get it open.
[attachment=15739]

this aloud me easy access to the motor, i disconnected it and realised the wires that go into the plug were pretty loose so i secured them a bit better and cleaned the terminals up and now i have a working boot again!
[attachment=15740]

next up was the ICV, i removed it today and gave it a clean up. It was packed in oil so it definitely needed a clean! i re connected it all and now my car idles as it should!
[attachment=15741]

And a new toy to put on once i buy a reducer pipe Big Grin
[attachment=15742]
[attachment=15743]

So pretty good progress i think considering this is the first car I've owned and worked on Smile all comments welcome!
Thanks given by:
Nice to see you getting your hands dirty! :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Speechless
(25-04-2014, 11:08 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Nice to see you getting your hands dirty! :-)

Haha yeah it's a messy job
Thanks given by:
What size reduced do you need bud? I have a couple of unused ones here.

Also shouldn't the ICV have a rubber O ring on it which helps it seal against the throttle body assembly?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2014, 04:52 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: What size reduced do you need bud? I have a couple of unused ones here.

Also shouldn't the ICV have a rubber O ring on it which helps it seal against the throttle body assembly?

76mm-58mm reducer I need Smile and yeah it does have one I took it off to clean the O ring as well because that was dirty too
Thanks given by:
Bit more of an update Smile just had a new clutch and clutch cable fitted, picks up so much faster now and the biting point is instant... Which caused me too stall a few times.. lol I was use to it biting right at the top of pedal travel. Whilst they were changing it they noticed that the pinch bolt on the steering arm was stripped so I got that replaced too Smile

All comments welcome
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nathan's new 306 (oby) Lana1305 8 2,571 19-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Piggy