306 mini project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 mini project
Brick 
hey guys and gals, so i thought i would start a project thread.

i have owned my 306 1.8 16v petrol - about 4 days now after trading in my Ford Mondeo Estate Ghia X. it's fair to say i have compromised on a few features... gonna miss my heated seats!

the work i have done so far is just generally fixing up the car to a decent standard.

new wiper blades and arms
new windscreen washer jets
blue/black seat Covers
and have finished the first lot of painting of interior panels.

here's where i am at so far,

[Image: pug_zpsd18f654d.jpg]
[Image: WP_20140419_006_zpsa1184ffe.jpg]
[Image: WP_20140419_004_zpse4a17416.jpg]
[Image: WP_20140419_002_zps627154bb.jpg]

- i still have the dials and glove box door to paint now.

- i plan in the long term do a full external respray in this Matte Blue colour.

- will be re-lining the door cards with with cloth of the same colour and possibly also the roof lining either in this blue or maybe black.

- still have the stock CD player fitted and that just wont do, will be replacing to something a little more flashy next payday.

- everyone needs a little WOMP in their car, Cheap and Cheerful Sub & Amp to be fitted

- not sure what colour i want the rims yet - will probably go for Matte black.

- will be fitting a Cone Filter and would like to fit a GTI6 Inlet manifold

- one of the Fog lights visor is smashed and neither fog work, will be fitting xenon (Style) bulbs on fogs and dipped - because i'm too cheap to get the real upgrades Big Grin

- Mid-Sport Exhaust system - Dont want anything to Loud and in your face.

- Quick shift - the one fitted feels a little 'Gangly' and cheap.

- not liking the clutch pedal too much, i think the grease has dried out inside the insulation as its not smooth when releasing the pedal so often find the car leaping forward trying to get the bite point correct in first gear. i can get a Clutch cable for around £22 and i believe i saw a guide to changing the cable on here somewhere ... might have to try this next payday - unless anything thinks that it wont help.

apart from that, i havent ever really messed with a car before, i can just about do an oil change, change a wheel, replace bulbs - wire in sub and amp

i don't really know what else to do to it - open to suggestions and advice! I have Just moved back up to South Yorkshire, living in Thurnscoe for the time being, not sure if there are any members local to me. if so look forward to meeting you Big Grin
Thanks given by:
accidentally broke the clear screen that fits over the dials last night whilst removing them...oops! need to find a replacement -- would i be better online or down the scrappies?
Thanks given by: