My £260 bargin HDI!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My £260 bargin HDI!
150137 on the clock and a couple of dings at the back, needs a damn good clean and spruce up but i only bought it yesterday after its been stood for the best part of 3 months and am well pleased already, any suggestions for mods etc please feel free to comment :-)

[Image: P1010135_zpsdef2c251.jpg]

[Image: P1010134_zps42325235.jpg]

[Image: P1010136_zpsd447c1ed.jpg]

[Image: P1010138_zps0b916420.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wow what a bargain

what wheels are on it?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
No idea mate, they are just black alloys, will try and find out :-)
Thanks given by:
They're swallows.

Great buy!
Thanks given by:
Bargain! Get a stage 1 and decat on there!
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
(15-04-2014, 12:08 PM)SRowell Wrote: Bargain! Get a stage 1 and decat on there!

Im a newbie when it comes to modding cars mate so dont know what a stage 1 and decat is! lol!

*edit* Ah you mean remove the catalytic converter and a stage 1 engine remap! I believe its already been chipped but thats all i know, and removing the cat - wont that effect the emissions for the MOT?

First thing is to get it spruced up, clean under the hood, get a K&N filter and try to sort out all the little knocks, clunks and whistles - get it running nice and smooth before I start tinkering around upgrading performance etc, but will defo look into all suggestions - thanks

i think my colour scheme for this will be Silver, Black and Red accents - i quite like the silver :-)
Thanks given by:
diesels dont tend to produce harmful emissions like a petrol, so technically they dont need a catalytic converter, but you will probs need one for its mot, but it isnt exactly hard to swap one over for its mot. but it makes such a difference having a de-cat, definitely worth it
Thanks given by:
ok so it failed MOT on rear indicators (£5 and a 5mins job) and offside front ball joint (£11.20 and a half hour job) and front disks and pads (£35 and about an hour and a half job) all in all not bad really!

Advisories were engine mounts are going hence exhaust knocking on sub every time it fires up (will get that sorted post MOT), fog light damaged (clip has broken - will sort that post MOT) non standard back box fitted and noisy (hahaha! sounds ace!)

So today jobs are to fit new bulbs and ball joint then run down to my parts place and grab the disks and pads for the front and thats tomorrows job then re-test sometime next week - happy days :-)

Also the car is chipped and I have been advised that this is not a good thing and to remove it as is the reason for the engine management light being on all the time, once this is done get a stage 2 remap - my question is - where the hell is the chip? looked everwhere but can't seem to locate it i suspect its hidden under the dash and cut into the wiring so may need an autoelectrician so as not to knock anything off - anyone have any suggestions as to location & removal????

Also i have been informed there is a way of tweaking the fuel filter (? maybe not sure if was the fuel filter maybe could be a flow meter or something ??) to get some extra clout out of it, just a case of an eigth of a turn will provide sufficient bhp increase - anyone know what that is???

Cheers
Thanks given by:
260 and didn't even come with Mot? Blimey... lol

The chip is probably somewhere near the MAF, which is a sensor just behind the airbox with a flat grey plug. If you can't find it, the previous owner was probably making it up lol, or they meant mapped...
Thanks given by:
1/8 of a turn, they must be thinkin of the xud engine tuning the pump. Would the chip not be on the wires leading from the pump to the ecu someplace. Chips no good get it out, fmic and 1.6 hdi fuel pressure reg and stage 2 map it. Cyclones wpuld make it look a bit better imo Smile

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2014, 04:55 PM)daveylennon93 Wrote: 1/8 of a turn, they must be thinkin of the xud engine tuning the pump. Would the chip not be on the wires leading from the pump to the ecu someplace. Chips no good get it out, fmic and 1.6 hdi fuel pressure reg and stage 2 map it. Cyclones wpuld make it look a bit better imo Smile

After MOT going to get an auto spark to have a look as im well out my depth with that one and dont wanna screw anything up!

Yeah that sounds about right but whats all this xud stuff? im guessing its a model like HDI or GTI??(hey i AM a newb afterall haha)

I think your right about the cyclones.... i like the ones in black with red trim :-) good call Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2014, 04:48 PM)Mattinthehat Wrote:
(21-04-2014, 04:55 PM)daveylennon93 Wrote: 1/8 of a turn, they must be thinkin of the xud engine tuning the pump. Would the chip not be on the wires leading from the pump to the ecu someplace. Chips no good get it out, fmic and 1.6 hdi fuel pressure reg and stage 2 map it. Cyclones wpuld make it look a bit better imo Smile

After MOT going to get an auto spark to have a look as im well out my depth with that one and dont wanna screw anything up!

Yeah that sounds about right but whats all this xud stuff? im guessing its a model like HDI or GTI??(hey i AM a newb afterall haha)

I think your right about the cyclones.... i like the ones in black with red trim :-) good call Big Grin

the xud is an older mechanical diesel engine. doesnt have an ecu
Thanks given by:
Chek for the chip around the fuel pressure sensor and pump and on the wiring around them. Around the ecu aswell. Has to be there somewhere it'l be a box cant miss it. And when ya find it its simple removed. If you cant see it i doubt it has a tuning box atall

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weekend Bargin (Warning: BMW content!) Moonstone2.0 35 9,093 02-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam