Lower strut braces - bare metal ones for you cheapskates....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower strut braces - bare metal ones for you cheapskates....
Well one of the ones that Ripp was carrying round the show was for me and I was offered the second one too and really should have had it but didn't have the extra cash on me Sad I would then of put it on eBay as the last one of these that went on the bay fetched nearly £80
Thanks given by:
Ripp put me on the list for one Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2012, 09:53 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: I call dibs on one Ripp please Smile Do these fit with the undertray still in place out of interest? Do you have any of these tighter models (ooh er!) fitted? I've got some hellish speedbumps down my way and am rather worried ill ground her out! :S

puglove has tried and to my knowledge they need cutting up a little to fit with tray-dont quote me on that tho Smile
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2012, 09:30 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote:
(19-03-2012, 09:53 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: I call dibs on one Ripp please Smile Do these fit with the undertray still in place out of interest? Do you have any of these tighter models (ooh er!) fitted? I've got some hellish speedbumps down my way and am rather worried ill ground her out! :S

puglove has tried and to my knowledge they need cutting up a little to fit with tray-dont quote me on that tho Smile

these are totaly different to mine. I can just get mine in with a bit of cut n shut

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
seeing as these are all gone - whats the chance of getting hold of/constructing some rose-joint drop links?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Are any more dTub ones being made up in the future?
Thanks given by:
Right, still waiting on powdercoater sorting his oven out, so I've got another 2 bare metal ones ready and there'll be another pair done this weekend if anyone wants one.

I can paint them if you want to be able to just slap them straight on the car, what with the powdercoat not being available.
As always, first come, first served!
Thanks given by:
These the gti6 ones bud? My nephew is after one I'll let you know first thing if they are
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Could be interested depending on hdi or not.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Also interested if they're not the low slung gti-6 jobbies, and are a snug fit on the HDi instead Big Grin
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 11:40 PM)Jonny b Wrote: These the gti6 ones bud? My nephew is after one I'll let you know first thing if they are

Yep, gti6 ones, they'll fit everything bar the Tu models but are lower than they need to be for the dirty dtub's Big Grin
Thanks given by:
How much are they again bud
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
£50 for a bare one.
Postage is £5.95 if needed.

Right, one prov. sold Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Will mine be here any time soon? You told me day before yesterday that the courier picked it up Monday yet I still have no brace.
Not trying to be funny mate but tomorrow it will have been 3 weeks since I paid for it and the only time I've heard from you is when I've hassled you! Think your building up a bit of a reputation of not posting things in good time because I've spoken to others that have had similar experiences.

As I'm sure your aware I've got 4 weeks under PayPal to raise a dispute meaning the latest I can do so will be next Thursday eve. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and wait till next Wednesday before raising a dispute.

I know your a well known member on here and not some 2 post idiot out to make a quick few quid from scamming people but 3 weeks without any communication or sign of what I've paid for is not good! Even if you had kept me in the know if there were genuine reasons for it not being posted, I'd be happier.

/rant over
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Like I said in PM's Niell, it was picked up Monday evening, it should have gone out last week but for some reason I managed to miss the courier coming, the only reason it didn't go out the week before was the gearlinkage sheared on the car and I couldn't get up to the workshop to fetch it. Again, I did tell you that via PM.
Thanks given by:
I know you said that mate but I find it odd that it was picked up Monday and it's now Thursday and considering i had a parcel delivered by Hermes yesterday, you would of thought even if it was on a 48hr delivery, it would of been there yesterday. I did also check with my hermes courier (know her very well and only loves round the corner) and nothing today.
If they have lost it fair enough, that's by no means your fault but even still I think 3 weeks is a bit excessive.

I'm not trying to start a argument here. As I said I know your not just out to con someone as that would pretty much ruin your business of trying to sell these braces and youve been here since day one but I'm not the only one to have delivery problems with you. Just might be a idea to keep in touch with your customers a bit more
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The only issues I've really had was a couple of years ago when a batch of droplinks went walkies in the post - not much I could do about that - and a batch of braces a couple of months back where 3-4 of them on the same courier took a while to arrive - again, not much I could do but they turned up a few days later.
Back from that I can only remember a couple of problems where the delay was my end due to not being able to get to post them due to work/etc, where people were told about the delay and were fine about it.

I know yours is late, but I wasn't really planning on breaking the car that week either, probably should have put it on a next day service instead, but I just re-scheduled the pickup with Hermes when I realised I'd missed 'em.

edit: f*ck it, braces collection only from now on, it's a pain in the arse sorting out boxes/wrapping/collection anyway
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. As I said I'm not trying to start a argument or call you a liar. Just a few people I've spoken to (not naming names) weren't best pleased with there delivery times.
I know you told me that you broke the gear linkage on your car. Shit like that happens especially on a 306 but you sent me that message on the 1st. Its now the 16th.
Maybe I'm just being picky seeing as I've had people moan at me for not sending stuff for a week.
Look forward to fitting it anyway and look forward to a upper brace as well Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I only had good experience when buying previous strut brace and even better when I realised how low it was and made a new d Turbo batch and exchanged it hassle free!

You still got a bare bottom brace? Will gladly take it off your hands
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Dammit Niall, now i'm going to have to drive oop norf for one! :p

Just joking, in case anyone takes offense, not trying to continue the argument, just being a bellend lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 06:34 PM)Poodle Wrote: Dammit Niall, now i'm going to have to drive oop norf for one! :p

We don't let southerners over the border unless they promise to stop trying to do yorkshire accents.
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 06:43 PM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(16-08-2012, 06:34 PM)Poodle Wrote: Dammit Niall, now i'm going to have to drive oop norf for one! :p

We don't let southerners over the border unless they promise to stop trying to do yorkshire accents.

Don't worry. Only way your coming south of the border is if you bring chips and gravy Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
All gone/provisionally gone.

Might have another couple done this weekend, as I'll be finishing my upper at the same time, so anyone wants one let me know beforehand.
Thanks given by:
They gonna be low slung, '6 jobbies? Have you tried any on an HDi yet?
Thanks given by:
Think there's a couple on HDI's - IIRC they fit fine, clear the lower pipework without rubbing, etc.
Thanks given by:
I was thinking more along the lines of possibly having a closer fit for the HDi...still tempted though, wonder if I'll get up my drive without it catching.
Thanks given by:
any pics of how low they are on gti's?
Thanks given by:
[Image: 3cb4c06b3ad3149fe0eca5eb1f0b1b08.jpg]

Doesn't show how close to the ground but that's mine fitted
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
You whore
Thanks given by:
haha Nial's fcuked it up for anyone else getting them delivered . . . . might just pop down the road and buy one now just to piss everyone else off . . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4xVortex Anthracite/Gun metal grey Razorback_Rob 5 1,433 12-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  Lower strut brace for TU engined 306's Rippthrough 5 1,463 19-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Last Post: 306Dan
  FOR SALE: HDi DTurbo bare back axle rtha6551 1 845 07-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Last Post: r3k1355