HELP HELP HELP crankshaft sensor not getting power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP HELP HELP crankshaft sensor not getting power
hi guys new to this and need help

ive had a good few dturbos now but this is only my 2nd hdi. Bought the car not starting. plughd in to diagnostics and it was showing up crankshaft poisitioning sensor. i changed it but still no luck Sad i got a multimetre and there is no power coming to the sensor. i have checked fuses but all seem fine.

Could anybody tell me any possible solutions

any help will be appreciated
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
Just FYI, You should only be getting 5v at the CPS but on the HDi, I'm not sure which pin that is lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 07:18 PM)Niall Wrote: Welcome!
Just FYI, You should only be getting 5v at the CPS but on the HDi, I'm not sure which pin that is lol.

thanks for the info but at the min im getting 0 Sad do you no if you can run power from somthing else to get 5v to the CPS
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 07:21 PM)shanecox14 Wrote:
(08-04-2014, 07:18 PM)Niall Wrote: Welcome!

thanks for the info but at the min im getting 0 Sad do you no if you can run power from somthing else to get 5v to the CPS

There are several sensors which run on 5v but personally i wouldn't. you don't want to damage your ECU at all! Also, are you earthing your meter to the body of the car or the earth pin in the plug when testing?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
There are several sensors which run on 5v but personally i wouldn't. you don't want to damage your ECU at all! Also, are you earthing your meter to the body of the car or the earth pin in the plug when testing?

i was useing the earth pin. would it make a difference useing body of car?
Thanks given by:
Try it to the body. A lot of the sensor earths are shared but if your using the sensor earth, it could be a dmaged earth rather than line Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crankshaft sensor relay???? shanecox14 2 795 09-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Last Post: shanecox14