Air in cooling system?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air in cooling system?
I have a split in one of the radiator pipes as its leaking water, would this cause the problem I have when the car is in idle? It fluctuates in rpm and sounds a bit lumpy on start up. After I rev the engine a bit and it runs for a couple of minutes it goes away. Could this be air in the radiator system?

Thanks guys Smile
Thanks given by:
sounds more like a sensor fault tbh, although yeah the split will be letting air in

replaced the ICV recently?
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
I would head towards a temp sensor or lambda not warming...
But having a coolant leak is never good...sort it out!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 06:39 AM)Piggy Wrote: I would head towards a temp sensor or lambda not warming...
But having a coolant leak is never good...sort it out!

Yeah I'm gonna find out what the pipe looks like and try get a new one then bleed the system and see if that fixes it
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 06:03 AM)John1.4 Wrote: sounds more like a sensor fault tbh, although yeah the split will be letting air in

replaced the ICV recently?

What is a ICV?
Thanks given by:
Idle control valve
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 10:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Idle control valve

Ah okay, I hope it's not the Lambda sensor, they are expensive :/
Thanks given by:
Shouldnt be more than £30/35 for a decent lambda
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 06:52 AM)Piggy Wrote: Shouldnt be more than £30/35 for a decent lambda

I had a look on euro car parts and £60 is there cheapest :/ can I get them from anywhere else?
Thanks given by:
GSF
Ebay
Motorfactors
Etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 07:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: GSF
Ebay
Motorfactors
Etc

Cool I'll have to check them out if it is the lambda sensor that's gone
Thanks given by:
I had a lambda with a broken heater element on a 1.4, it brought up the engine light but made absolutely no difference apart from that. I would go with the ICV tbh.
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 08:05 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I had a lambda with a broken heater element on a 1.4, it brought up the engine light but made absolutely no difference apart from that. I would go with the ICV tbh.

I'll try that then Smile can I get them online as well? Or does anyone have one lying about?
Thanks given by:
I bought a cheap one from ebay, and probably still have it lying about.... Idle was 3k with it.... I bought a branded one after that. lol Should be Magnetti Marrelli iirc, but as long as its branded should be good.
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 08:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I bought a cheap one from ebay, and probably still have it lying about.... Idle was 3k with it.... I bought a branded one after that. lol Should be Magnetti Marrelli iirc, but as long as its branded should be good.

Wow 3k is a bit high?! And I'll look out for a branded one then Smile
Thanks given by:
Yes, lol. Couldn't drive it with a 3k idle....though it did make stalling impossible haha. lol
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 09:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yes, lol. Couldn't drive it with a 3k idle....though it did make stalling impossible haha. lol

Haha! I bet, would this be okay?
Thanks given by:
Looks cheap and unbranded to me? Confused
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 09:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Looks cheap and unbranded to me? Confused

Hmm :/ what brands make them?
Thanks given by:
Err, Magnetti as above. lol I assume Bosch and/or Valeo as well, they seem to make most things. But just had a quick look on ebay myself and they all seem to be cheap ones, on the first few pages anyway. Confused
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 09:53 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Err, Magnetti as above. lol I assume Bosch and/or Valeo as well, they seem to make most things. But just had a quick look on ebay myself and they all seem to be cheap ones, on the first few pages anyway. Confused

I'll google a Magnetti one and yeah I've noticed they are the cheap ones :/
Thanks given by:
Could be gummy injectors?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cooling system nttrucker 12 4,505 03-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Last Post: nttrucker