Wipers canceling as soon as you turn them off!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wipers canceling as soon as you turn them off!
Wipers cancel anywhere in the screen as soon as you turn your wipers off, not completing the cycle and canceling at the bottom of the screen.

Tried swapping the motor, no joy. Anyone any ideas?
Thanks given by:
The bmw I bought the other day does this. Iv not looked into it but the seller said it was because of a dodgy earth.
Thanks given by:
My old 306 used to do this too.. Never bothered trying to find out why Sad
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Dodgy motor I believe. Easy enough to replace
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Wiper relay? Although important sure the stop is in the motor
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Wiper relay? Although important sure the stop is in the motor

Could be but I had this problem and new relays didn't solve it
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Try the stalk. I had dodgy contacts on the stalk giving me this problem in the past
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Its park switch in the motor i beleive.. you can either take it apart and clean it if you dont want to spend money but it would be a faff.. or just get a replacement from scrappy Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I had this and the replacement motor fixed it.....the old one was full of water and what looked like cheese! I reckon you've got another did motor if you already changed it.
Thanks given by:
Mine have started completing the cycle but they tend to pause for a second halfway back before doing it. I will change the relays and let you know if that makes any difference.
Thanks given by:
Needs a new motor. I did take one apart and cleaned it up but they seem to only last a short time before buggering up again
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Thought I'd ruled out the motor having replaced it.

Anyone got one knocking about spare, local to me that I can try/buy for cheap?
Thanks given by:
I had this exact problem. When yours does it does the "click" type your normally hear in the car sound different? Like weak?

Mine did, changed the relay and the stalk, problem solved.
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
I have found the source of my problem with the wipers, could well be the same for you. If you take off the windscreen wiper mech and motor (pretty easy, just ask if you want details!)

Once I had the whole mech off, removed the motor from the mech and opened up the gearbox. Inside there is 3 small brushes that work on a copper brush plate. Mine had dirt on and you could see the carbon marks where it had been skipping and arcing. Worth opening that up and checking for broken/bent brushes. Black marks are sign of issue, give the surfaces a good clean. Probs worth bending the brushes down to get better contact either way! Photo attached.

Work a dream now and park quick and smooth.

[attachment=0]

Attached Files
.tiff   WW.tiff (Size: 364.78 KB / Downloads: 52)
Thanks given by:
Where are you based? I've got a wiper motor you can try or have for a tenner.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
mines doing the same now when i push for the single wipe, it wipes a few times then stops half way across the windscreen. then i have to keep tapping the switch to get then to go down to the bottom
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
Does sound like its those brushes, they set where the windscreen wipers stop, if one of them is disconnected or broken the wipes will only do part of a cycle and / or need the stalk held down until they reach parked. Worth opening it up and giving it a look. once you have the assembly out you can always change the motor it if it dosen't work. The motor itself looks pretty unserviceable.

Have fixed this problem by cleaning and realigning the brushes on my 306 and on a 206 now as well.

Hopefully be a reasonably permanent fix.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Cooling fans very stiff to turn. cheapo 2 2,003 15-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Last Post: cheapo
  Turn Lights on - Trip meter comes on too (Rallye) Eddleston 5 1,815 10-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Last Post: BiG K
  A/C auto turn on td163 3 1,498 08-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Poodle