TDI not HDi, help please! :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDI not HDi, help please! :(
According to the rest of the VAGwagon boys... The gearbox will "clatter" on idle with an SMF or some bullshit, because it's then not damped...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:According to the rest of the VAGwagon boys... The gearbox will "clatter" on idle with an SMF or some bullshit, because it's then not damped...

Thats why you can buy silent SMFs. Smile Of course, they are more expensive though! Ive been in a mk5 with a not-silent one and it does make a hell of a noise lol!
Thanks given by:
UPDATE!

While doing various ninja things to my car this morning i noticed a nice big hole right througgh to the flywheel......it should have a bung in it but doesnt.....do you reckon somethings got in there and broken the dmf!? I guess its an inspection hole but what can i inspect though it lol?
Thanks given by:
Tom you realise pulling away in 2nd/3rd in a car with dmf is a sure way to absolutely destroy them!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Tom you realise pulling away in 2nd/3rd in a car with dmf is a sure way to absolutely destroy them!

It was an accident...I'm sure we've all done it before.....1st and 3rd are so close lol....
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Tom you realise pulling away in 2nd/3rd in a car with dmf is a sure way to absolutely destroy them!

It was an accident...I'm sure we've all done it before.....1st and 3rd are so close lol....

There's 2 other things which are very close to eachother.. but if you accidentally missed with that you'd probably get a slap lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:There's 2 other things which are very close to eachother.. but if you accidentally missed with that you'd probably get a slap lol

He wont understand that....... lmao
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
Midnightclub Wrote:There's 2 other things which are very close to eachother.. but if you accidentally missed with that you'd probably get a slap lol

He wont understand that....... lmao

Precisely Wink lmao
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
*tumbleweed*
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
oow you cross Biffins bridge you'd be in the shit
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:It was an accident...I'm sure we've all done it before.....1st and 3rd are so close lol....

There's 2 other things which are very close to eachother.. but if you accidentally missed with that you'd probably get a slap lol

Confusedhock: :?
Thanks given by:
cully Wrote:oow you cross Biffins bridge you'd be in the shit

Haha love that!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
cully Wrote:oow you cross Biffins bridge you'd be in the shit

Haha love that!

Its taken all night but I've finally understood that one! lol Doh
Thanks given by:
'Its not fault mate, its a characteristic' lol
Hate vws
Thanks given by:
Lol ^^^ lol

Not that anyone cares, but I never did anything about this btw......and it hasn't got any worse since the remap!! Confusedhock: So I'm plug the VAGcom in to check its not an injector fault before getting a new DMF....the weird thing is that the clutch is still 'ok' though and they're the same age as theres no clutch receipt in the SH. :think:
Thanks given by:
I'm always turning up the idle on 2l tdis to stop the idle shudder, vw dont want to know.
Thanks given by:
con67 Wrote:I'm always turning up the idle on 2l tdis to stop the idle shudder, vw dont want to know.

No idea about the newer ones lol, I'm still learning about the 1.9 PD!! And mine idles fine......and I don't even have an anti-shudder valve now. lol
Thanks given by: