Dodgy wire stopping car from starting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodgy wire stopping car from starting
[attachment=17540]

This is where the wire has led too, my car was fitted with a dodgy immobiliser and I disconnected by accident and it stopped my car from starting. I've traced the wire and it's led me too this. It's two wires coming off this box In the engine bay that have been cut. Anyone know how I can fix this and where they are suppose to be wired too? It's on an XUD by the way.

Thanks guys
Thanks given by:
That's just a relay... Where do the other wires go?
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2014, 06:04 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: That's just a relay... Where do the other wires go?

But where do the two cut wires go too? This is what has stopped my car from firing up
Thanks given by:
Doesn't look factory, where do the wires go that aren't cut?
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2014, 06:07 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Doesn't look factory, where do the wires go that aren't cut?

One goes into a load of other wires and the other loops back into the relay
[attachment=17541]
Thanks given by:
what happens when you try to start the car does it turn over? does it not fire? can you past a picture of the fuel pump wiring maybe this relay gives the feed to the stop solenoid.
Thanks given by:
The wire your holding is a 12v output to its the power out of the relay, it was probably going to the solenoid on the pump, but its to short unless you pulled it out of a connector?

Also the wire on the left of the relay (9 o clock position) is 12v in, it shoule be fed by an ignition live, but whoever fitted it could have broke the line and fitted a switch as a secondary precaution.

Thats of course if it is for a pump solenoid.
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2014, 06:55 PM)vincent1 Wrote: what happens when you try to start the car does it turn over? does it not fire? can you past a picture of the fuel pump wiring maybe this relay gives the feed to the stop solenoid.

Yeah it turns over but doesn't fire, I had a recovery guy have a look at it and he said it's not putting fuel into the engine
Thanks given by:
Just sack off that relay, looks like a right lash up.

The glow plug relay (big relay you can see there bolted behind the battery, unplug the connector with lots of wires going into it, and find the wire that is live with the ignition on (use a multimeter / bit of wire to a test light or something) , once you have founded the one that is ONLY live with ignition on and goes dead when its off (and make sure it STAYS live for more than 20 seconds as one of them is the glow plug light wire) simply run a wire from that wire to the solenoid and your away. For the sake of confirming this is your issue, connet a wire from the stop solenoid, get someone to hold one end on the positive battery terminal, you should here it "click" as you connect it, then fire it up...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wire identification pug306driver 0 986 04-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Wire thickness for cooling fan philpemberton94 3 1,430 17-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Last Post: philpemberton94
  Random Wire Off Starter Eddleston 3 1,628 03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Niall