Tom's China HDi DTurbo 2014

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's China HDi DTurbo 2014
That's a minter, lookslovely!!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Oh fair enough, odd, wonder why it's started knocking then... Lol you'd hope so!

Ok, not sure what that could be then, play in the pedal box itself perhaps..? Could well be at 272k tbf.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 02:08 PM)Poodle Wrote: Oh fair enough, odd, wonder why it's started knocking then... Lol you'd hope so!

Ok, not sure what that could be then, play in the pedal box itself perhaps..? Could well be at 272k tbf.

Motorway miles though, all the controls on mine are nice and tight and mines on 313k miles.
Thanks given by:
Don't think I explained the knocking well tbh, its not hitting the beam itself, it's hitting the end of the long sqaurish section bit with the mounts on, not sure if that has a proper name lol. And it doesn't hit often, only after a sharp bump on that corner.

I think I might try greasing the pedal pivot for the clutch issue. Though the more I think about it, the more I guess it's the cable, although its only a year and a bit old, it's still done 40k near the exhaust...wont be changing it though, will have to put up with it tbh.

The only thing I forgot to mention is the idle vibrations are pretty bad. I stuck the new gearbox mount on from the 1.8 so its not that. Is it likely to be one or other of the other 2 mounts? I never had time to change the lower one, but I'll do it asap if it'll cure the dash vibrating to bits in traffic lol. Its annoying as it's fine wihile driving or even with a few revs, but as soon as it drops back to idle it gets the
shakes lol.
Thanks given by:
I love how picky you are, makes me feel better about how picky I am. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha, that's not picky at all!

I could go on about the 3 or 4 little nicks out of the drivers door card that have been bugging me... lol However I'm tempted to stick the mint DTurbo cards in from the breaker, never was keen on leaf pattern door cards, though I like the seats! Just not sure if it'll look odd with leaf seats and and black cloth cards. Confused
Thanks given by:
So, set about sorting the boot light today...and lol'd how easy it was!

In the HDi -

[Image: IMAG3348_zpsb7dd9de1.jpg]

In the 1.8 -

[Image: IMAG3349_zpsd2229e6d.jpg]

Yeah, that right, someones fitted it upside down! lmao Gone to a fair bit of effort as well, as it only fits one way unless you bend the wire and bend the bracket... Confused

So anyway, turned it over and it works fine now. Wink Its not actually mercury, its a ball bearing switch like the fuel cutoff. Smile

[Image: IMAG3350_zps23f6ac17.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The one in my original ph2 bootlid was mercury tom, they revised it with a ball..thats technology for ya lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Hm, unless I disturbed it swapping the wiper, I Can't picture where that is. Don't remember when it stopped working.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 07:19 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: The one in my original ph2 bootlid was mercury tom, they revised it with a ball..thats technology for ya lol

Yeah I guessed it might've been a ph2 thing. Smile

(27-03-2014, 07:34 PM)C2K Wrote: Hm, unless I disturbed it swapping the wiper, I Can't picture where that is. Don't remember when it stopped working.

Its in the hand-hold on the drivers side of the tailgate. There's no need to touch it for a wiper motor change but its possible I guess.
Thanks given by:
Random, then it must have been like that since day one. It used to work but guess it threw its toys out!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Nah it wouldn't have worked ever like that. If you look its a very simple system. The rounded end holds a ball bearing (insulated by plastic), when you lift the boot lid, the ball drops to the square end and makes the connection between the live wire and the earth bracket.

Maybe you did move it when you changed the motor not realising what it was. Tbh I hadn't realised what it was for before now!
Thanks given by:
I had seen that before but always ignored it not knowing what it was. Undecided the 6 has a switch on it instead.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 10:18 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I had seen that before but always ignored it not knowing what it was. Undecided the 6 has a switch on it instead.

The boot I got off a 6 had a think black switch

Thanks given by:
That black switch is for the alarm. They still have a tilt switch in them for the light
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 11:03 PM)Niall Wrote: That black switch is for the alarm. They still have a tilt switch in them for the light

I plugged my black plug and the light worked, it didn't before..spooky

Thanks given by:
It is French afterall, nothing is as it appears! lol
Thanks given by:
As an aside, has anyone ever found a brighter light for the boot compartment? I've stuck an LED one in there but it still seems a bit...wank!

These days I'm forever getting shit in and out of the boot, normally the bloody pushchair and all of my Mrs' shopping!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 09:32 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: As an aside, has anyone ever found a brighter light for the boot compartment? I've stuck an LED one in there but it still seems a bit...wank!

These days I'm forever getting shit in and out of the boot, normally the bloody pushchair and all of my Mrs' shopping!

What about twin boot lights? I fitted another in the Driver's side C panel on my 206...made a bit of difference.
Thanks given by:
What just piggyback the wiring? I guess it's not linked to the BSI which is always the concern with the interior courtesy lights.

hmmm
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
yeah, I saw someone else do it so found another boot light, trimmed it out and ran couple wires around to the other one. been like it for good couple years now. No issues.
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 10:04 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: What just piggyback the wiring? I guess it's not linked to the BSI which is always the concern with the interior courtesy lights.

hmmm

Can't you buy a decent strip of Leds wirethen to the interior light.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 07:38 AM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(27-03-2014, 11:03 PM)Niall Wrote: That black switch is for the alarm. They still have a tilt switch in them for the light

Whaaa really? I was always told it was for the alarm and believed it as my 1.8 didn't have the switch and didn't have an alarm and my gti had an alarm and the switch lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
where have i been??? lol, so is this/going to be you daily? got shot of the vec?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 06:20 PM)puglove Wrote: where have i been??? lol, so is this/going to be you daily? got shot of the vec?

He's had 57537564 cars since then
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 05:48 PM)Niall Wrote:

Whaaa really? I was always told it was for the alarm and believed it as my 1.8 didn't have the switch and didn't have an alarm and my gti had an alarm and the switch lol

When I put my gti 6 ph2.5 boot lid on my ph2 the light would not work, I then put the wire from my mercury switch on to the pin plug, the light worked when the switch was uncompressed...so I assumed it was the right wire + it was the only one not connected to anything

But then again Niall its a pug so...lol

Thanks given by:

Both the 1.8 and the HDi have factory fitted alarms and no boot pin switch... Confused

(28-03-2014, 06:20 PM)puglove Wrote: where have i been??? lol, so is this/going to be you daily? got shot of the vec?

The what? Oh yeah I remember the Vec, that was a while ago! lol

(28-03-2014, 06:27 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:

He's had 57537564 cars since then

Pretty close haha.
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 06:35 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(28-03-2014, 07:38 AM)devils_fuel Wrote: I plugged my black plug and the light worked, it didn't before..spooky

When I put my gti 6 ph2.5 boot lid on my ph2 the light would not work, I then put the wire from my mercury switch on to the pin plug, the light worked when the switch was uncompressed...so I assumed it was the right wire + it was the only one not connected to anything

But then again Niall its a pug so...lol

Fair enough. Who knows. I suppose easiest way to tell is if the wires are all black. If so, it's alarm as that's part of it being thatcham cat 1.
But then as you say, who knows. It's a pug lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
So, you all know I cant resist a 30-70 pull... lol

This is more like a 32-72 lol. About 10 seconds? Is that right for stage 1? It seems pretty slow if I'm honest, have had it full up most of the time though, hence giving it a bit today whilst empty, but still feels a bit flat though I am used to VNT again from the Vectra lol, so maybe HDi's are like that, meh I dunno!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3lYgsK1...e=youtu.be
Thanks given by:
Yeh tom yours seems spot on for a stage 1. Big Grin

THis would a lot better with some angel eyes on it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tom's China 1.8 Meridian 2014 - Project Deja Vu Toms306 33 8,594 23-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Toms306