Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
Bkr6ek ftw! Quite an odd plug that nobody seems to stock

Also gti6 gear oil is a few quid more than most common grades as it's not a commonly used grade, guess it's little things like that which make a '6 quite a high maintenance car, need to look a bit harder for the correct service parts lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2014, 10:24 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Bkr6ek ftw! Quite an odd plug that nobody seems to stock

Also gti6 gear oil is a few quid more than most common grades as it's not a commonly used grade, guess it's little things like that which make a '6 quite a high maintenance car, need to look a bit harder for the correct service parts lol

There is no difference between the gti and other models oil. All BE Boxes use the same stuff.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I managed to get everything from eBay cheap enough.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2014, 10:43 PM)Niall Wrote:
(05-05-2014, 10:24 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Bkr6ek ftw! Quite an odd plug that nobody seems to stock

There is no difference between the gti and other models oil. All BE Boxes use the same stuff.

What I meant was, not everywhere like ecp or halfords stock total gear oil, can only get it from pug or the Internet, unless you are ocd like most of us then the average person isn't likely to go out of their way to get the proper oils, just use the nearest thing, that seems to be what I've found with changing bits on this car so far, everything I've taken off has been halfords own brand lol
Thanks given by:

Really? I seem to see BKR6EK everywhere. ECP stock them etc.
They are std. plugs for quite a few engines...think a few 90s BMWs use them.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 10:27 AM)RetroPug Wrote:

My local ecp and halfords don't have them, well not 2288 bkr6ek, they only have the single type, not the dual
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 10:27 AM)RetroPug Wrote:

Common plug for 90's cars when I worked in the garage
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
This is coming along nicely. Obviously you enjoy tatting with cars as much as I do lol.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 08:09 PM)C2K Wrote: This is coming along nicely. Obviously you enjoy tatting with cars as much as I do lol.

Sometimes I find myself wandering if I enjoy building them more than driving them aha

Tonight 's progress:

Changed the fuel filter, relieved to see the fuel coming out of it was clear and not full of muck
[Image: 20140506_182505_zpsysetmdli.jpg]

Then set about removing the rotten original airbox, absolute Bastard to get off when all the bolts have seized into the wing, eventually got it off with some gentle persuasion from a hammer :-P [Image: 20140506_175253_zpsu0plqvap.jpg]

Treated the inner wing where it had started to get a bit flakey as a side effect of the rotting airbox

New bwarp filter needed, knocked up an induction kit from parts I had lying around

Silicone elbow with hole punched in piece of copper pipe to attach the oil breather to [Image: 20140506_185222_zpsswg7r816.jpg]

Oil breather hose liberated from an xud, perfect for what I need
[Image: 20140506_185940_zpsloojxv8f.jpg]

Perfect bend under the top rad hose and a bfo plumbing clamp around the throttle body
[Image: 20140506_203010_zps0qx5qseu.jpg]

Got a aluminium 45 degree bend with a k&n ramair filter on the end, the original air intake conveniently comes out in the same place :-) [Image: 20140506_192051_zpszmlz2lvg.jpg]

Need to construct a splash guard for the filter now, don't want a hydrolock incident

Decent tyres on my pro races [Image: 20140506_212845_zpsoqharvkj.jpg]

Also drained and flushed the coolant as it was looking pretty old, just need to refill and bleed tomorrow
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Why have you got a sensor in your inlet elbow?

That is by a large margin the most corroded airbox I've ever seen...mine took me and my dad and a hammer and chisel to get off...
Whoever designed the captive nut at the top had an absolute shocker..

If you want inspiration for a splash guard I've got one on mine, couple of pictures on the project thread but not very good ones.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 10:33 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Why have you got a sensor in your inlet elbow?

That is by a large margin the most corroded airbox I've ever seen...mine took me and my dad and a hammer and chisel to get off...
Whoever designed the captive nut at the top had an absolute shocker..

If you want inspiration for a splash guard I've got one on mine, couple of pictures on the project thread but not very good ones.

It was the inlet elbow off my rallye so has the maf sensor plugged in, but I'm replacing it with a group n style air intake so I recycled it onto my '6 haha

And you're right about the standard airbox, it's a bloody stupid design, why didn't they make them all out of plastic like the later ones I'll never know
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah my phase 3 has the pipe but my rallye didn't I had a filter on the icv was shite kept leaking air and squeking tookw me ages to work out where it was comming from lol

Really comming on quick now mate, make me think I should pull my finger out abit.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 11:01 PM)7057sam Wrote: Yeah my phase 3 has the pipe but my rallye didn't I had a filter on the icv was shite kept leaking air and squeking tookw me ages to work out where it was comming from lol

Really comming on quick now mate, make me think I should pull my finger out abit.

I'm just annoyed I can't afford to tax it until the end of the month now :-(

Ooh that's another thing I did today, cleaned out the icv and throttle body, the insides of both were greasy with old oil, inlet manifold is probably the same so I'll get it clean that when I pick up a new inlet gasket the
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ah right I see. Yeah the std. induction is absolutely fantastic in terms of fluid dynamics but made of poor material and f*cking hell that captive nut at the top.

The inlet manifold will be full of oily gunk.

7057sam is right you've got a lot done on the car and it's going to be transformed with all the new running gear and work done!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2014, 10:38 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Ah right I see. Yeah the std. induction is absolutely fantastic in terms of fluid dynamics but made of poor material and f*cking hell that captive nut at the top.

The inlet manifold will be full of oily gunk.

7057sam is right you've got a lot done on the car and it's going to be transformed with all the new running gear and work done!

I think I'll send the inlet manifold off to be shot blasted then powder coated, although just wiping a rag around on the end of a screwdriver probably improved it a fair bit considering what came out on said rag haha

I really can't recommend wurth ultra 2040 enough when it comes to degreasing and freeing rusty bolts. Best penetrative oil I've ever used
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
On both airboxes I've removed the captive nut at the top was broken.
The first me and a mate got off by pulling down hard when undoing and it did turn out of the captive nut, but on my current '6 that just wouldn't work...had to smack it off with a hammer and chisel. lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2014, 01:42 PM)RetroPug Wrote: On both airboxes I've removed the captive nut at the top was broken.
The first me and a mate got off by pulling down hard when undoing and it did turn out of the captive nut, but on my current '6 that just wouldn't work...had to smack it off with a hammer and chisel. :lmao:

Yep that was my approach too, even more of a bugger to get to with the horns and wiring loom all in the same area haha

The airbox seems to be more securely fastened into the car than the engine itself haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Got ththe rad flushed out, refilled and bled, gave everything a quick check to see if it was tight then went for the trial run.

It's a bit lower on the front than I expected, but after driving around the estate a bit the beam settled down to the proper height and pulled the front up a couple of mm so looks how I want now.

Nothing scrubbing or catching lock to lock or over bumps so happy days
[Image: 20140507_204217_RichtoneHDR_zpsezodijwu.jpg]

Noticed the exhaust was blowing slightly so had the mission of getting it back on the ramp , all sorted :-D
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Aww looking very nice are the springs 60mm?

Have you had many sets of the zeta's ? Any good ? Ive heard a few horror storys lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
After finally driving mine today with almost everything new, its 100% the nicest 306 ive ever driven. Your in for a real treat! I keep thinking something is wrong becuase it doesn't knock.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2014, 11:43 PM)7057sam Wrote: Aww looking very nice are the springs 60mm?

Have you had many sets of the zeta's ? Any good ? Ive heard a few horror storys lol

Yeah 60mm dude, I didn't like it when it first dropped on the ground, it was too low, but now that everything's settled it's settled a bit and looks a million times better than it did at first.

I had zetas on my truck turbo and loved them, going to those from toyo tr1 was a massive improvement, they're quite soft so wear quickly but for a fun car like this im not fussed
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Good work lad Smile

Now lets see that mini finished too! Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 05:41 AM)Piggy Wrote: Good work lad Smile

Now lets see that mini finished too! Tongue

Lol, nothing to do with me haha, it was on the ramp last night looking for rust, which was found of course haha

(08-05-2014, 02:10 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: After finally driving mine today with almost everything new, its 100% the nicest 306 ive ever driven. Your in for a real treat! I keep thinking something is wrong becuase it doesn't knock.

Yeah haha, it's got so much stiffer (Giggedy) jacking it up now and both wheels lift up in unison on the side you're jacking, not used to it haha

Haven't taken it on the road yet as I can't afford to tax it this month, but just driving around the estate at 10mph it feels tight as a drum
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Sell the rallye for tax money! Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 02:32 PM)Tom Wrote: Sell the rallye for tax money! Wink

Everyone who comes around keeps asking to buy the rallye. Always get told where to go :-P

The dturbo however...........
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah i dont understand how you can be into all your car projects, surely 2 get some attention and the rest just sit there!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 02:42 PM)Tom Wrote: Yeah i dont understand how you can be into all your car projects, surely 2 get some attention and the rest just sit there!

Yep lol, the estate gets what it needs to keep it running issue free as I'm screwed without it rallye is waiting for welding, gti6 is having all the attention and the dturbo is shoved in the corner under a shit ton of dust haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
One step closer to being a full fat ph3[Image: 20140508_213848_zpswbre8pzo.jpg]

Just need to paint my ph3 rubstrips and get some ph3 fogs sorted now
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
but do you have the heat-reflective windscreen?
If not, have fun changing that over... lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
So you would sell the DT?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by: